Ratoniik I

"B-Bugs?!"

"Yes. The people of the vegetative planet, Ratoniik, have evolved from bugs." Ishigashi explained as they got closer and closer to the green colored planet.

"Bugs, huh..."

"We mustn't underestimate them." Manabe said. "Bugs have surprisingly high abilities."

"Yeah, this is interesting." Minaho seemed enthusiastic.

The same couldn't be said for Aoi and Sakura though.

"I'm not that great with bugs..."

"Neither am I..."

"I like them." Konoha suddenly spoke up. "It's so admirable how bugs live their short lives to the fullest!"

Kusaka smiled kindly. "That's just like Morimura."

"It really is." Sakura agreed.

The bushy haired girl laughed shyly.

"I will await your arrival." Ishigashi then said before disappearing from the hologram transmitter.

They all took their seats as the train began its descent into the planet's atmosphere. Tenma talked about finding the next stone there and how Katora may just guide them again like last time. Surprisingly, Mizukawa, or Potomuri, made no comments, but while no one knew why, they all welcomed the development as their arguments were getting tiring.

"Hey, Kimiko."

"Hm?" She turned to the one who asked, which was Kusaka, who's seat was right next to hers.

"Are you good with bugs?"

She blinked twice and then shrugged. "I guess so. I've never had an issue with playing outside and getting dirty, so I can't exactly avoid dealing with them once in a while."

"Bet you can crush them easily with your powers." Matatagi laughed from a few seats up front.

"C-Crush?" Konoha's scared voice came from somewhere behind her.

"Well, I prefer catching and releasing them to the garden if I find any inside my house. If it's while playing outside, then I try not to bother them." She then clicked her tongue. "But I'm sorry, Konoha, but I have absolutely no patience nor mercy for mosquitoes."

"A-Ah... I understand..."

"I know they suck blood for their own survival, and in all honesty, I don't actually mind that bit since the amount they need is inconsequential to the human body, but―"

"It's the fucking itch juice they inject into you, right?"

"Ibuki!"

She nodded at the keeper's voice that was coming from somewhere near Konoha. "Precisely. And also the fact that in every goddamn summer, if any manage to sneak into your room, they'll be buzzing all over your ears all night!"

"I feel your pain."

Kusaka rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Sorry for bringing the topic up."

~~~~~

"Welcome to the planet Ratoniik."

As usual, Ishigashi came to greet them upon arrival and began to lead them all out of the station. Aoi and Sakura couldn't help mentioning their worries once again, and Konoha gave them kind smiles as comfort.

"Not to worry." Ishigashi suddenly piped in. "They are a very polite and quiet species. They are, however―" He was cut off.

Outside, they found that they were on top of a large tree, and a lot of bug people were waiting for them. They were all smiling as they bowed. And then, even more people came, this time in what seemed to be their uniform.