Three Kingdoms Era VII

Coming out of her back were shadows. Slowly, they took the form of a giant.

What the hell...?

"Kyousuke..."

His attention went back to his friend when she choked out his name. He could see her tears clearly.

"Run."

Her voice was barely audible, but he heard her. And right then, the shadows dispersed, showing white and gold armor covering the giant from top to bottom. It wore a silver hooded robe over its head, while a mask covered the lower half of its face, only letting it show its purple eyes. Its golden bow had curves at the ends, and the arrow that was drawn seemed to be made of light.

"That's...!"

"Acheri no Megami?!"

"No, there's something different!"

The girl let out an ear-piercing scream as the spirit pulled its bow's string back.

"H-H-Hey, where are you aiming?!" Nishiki yelled in panic.

Tsurugi's eyes narrowed. "Run for it!"

"Again?! Seriously?!"

"Kariya, shut up and run!"

"I'm running, senpai, I'm running!"

Through tears, she watched them retreat into the forest.

"Keep... Keep going... Please... Don't look back..." She let out another scream as her body was forced to stand up. "Please..." Someone... Help me...

~~~~~

They took a break once they were deep in the trees. Catching their breaths, the first thing that came out of their mouths were questions.

"What was that?"

"Why did she attack us?"

"Is she the enemy too now?"

And they were met with protests.

"There's no way!"

"Something's wrong!"

"Someone must be controlling her!"

"Kimiko would never try to hurt us!" Tenma's voice was the loudest. "Right, Tsurugi?"

The navy haired boy had his back to them, not responding.

They all turned to each other in confusion. "Tsurugi?" The brunette tried calling again.

Still no reply.

Shindou took a few steps towards him, but stopped at a respectable distance. "Tsurugi, are you alright?"

"...ut..."

"Hey, come on. What's with the muttering?" Kariya asked.

Taiyou frowned. "We all want to help her, Tsurugi. Do you know something?"

"...ut...p."

"Hey! We're talking to you!" Zhang Fei scolded.

"Face us and answer properly!" Guan Yu ordered.

"If you know anything, sharing it with us sure will help." Kurama pointed out.

"Any information at all will do." Kongming nodded.

The boy's shoulders began to shake, his hands balled into tight fists.

Tenma, Kinako, and Fei were the only ones who noticed.

"H-Hey, everyone," The brunette girl said. "Maybe we shouldn't... pressure him too much...?"

Fei nodded. "Right. It was all so sudden after all..."