Chrono Storm

"By the way, how are your powers still active? Didn't you take the vaccine already?" Tsurugi asked as they all decorated Fei's room.

Kimiko was beside him, holding on to the bottom part of the banner to keep it stretched out. "Some anomaly thing. They couldn't really figure it out since there was no other vaccinated SSC to compare me to."

"Eh? Then, what about your lifespan?"

"Kariya!"

"It's a genuine question!"

She chuckled slightly. "It's alright, Kirino-san. As for the answer... Can't really give you one."

"Meaning that the chance of you dying within eight years is still at fifty-fifty..." Tsurugi muttered.

"Oh, come on! Let's leave the depressing conversation for some other time!" She pouted. "Let's ignore me, and focus on Fei! He could be here any minute!"

"I hear footsteps!" Midori hissed. "Everyone, get ready!"

"Hurry, take these!" Kinako tossed them all a party popper each.

They surrounded the door and waited. Right as it opened, they popped it open.

"Welcome back!"'

The boy blinked in utter shock. "This is..."

"Midori-san came up with the idea!"

"If we're gonna welcome you back, it might as well be a party!"

"Welcome back, Fei!"

He bowed, showing a small smile. "Thanks... It's okay for me to be here, right?"

"Of course!"

"And don't worry about your past deeds." Kimiko said, walking up to him and patting his back. "We've got a handful of people here who've hurt each other once or twice before."

"Eh―?"

"Well, the easiest example is how my Artemis attacked you all two days in a row. And another is how Kyou spent his first month or two at Raimon beating everyone up."

Said boy facepalmed.

"Believe it or not, Shindou-san also beat Tenma up quite a lot when the poor boy only wanted to join the club."

Said boy choked.

"And finally, there's Zanark."

"What? No explanation for me?"

"You're self-explanatory, but if I really have to, then you all should know he dragged me out at midnight to find the worst hurricane in all of history, and left me to crash into a cliff while still on his bike."

"EHHH?!"

She winked. "So, see? Fei, compared to him, you're an angel."

"T-Thanks...?"

"You're welcome!"

They all turned to each other before letting out full-hearted laughs. They didn't know what was so funny, but it was a nice feeling.

"But Fei," Tsurugi called. "The real fight for you starts now. You're going to be up against your old teammates tomorrow."

"It's okay, I can fight them." He reassured. "I want to save Saru from the prison that he's made for himself in his own heart."

"Using soccer to save people... Let's do it, everyone!" Tenma said. "We'll convey Fei's feelings to Saru!"

"Yeah!"

Suddenly, a certain stone popped out of a certain pouch.

"Attention!" Daisuke the stone floated up above their heads.