Interval 8 - To The End

"Use the Cosmic Plasma Photon Beam to extinguish the black hole. For it to work, you need Life Energy, a great energy that produces life in the galaxy."

The man... alien... Pixie... ghost... continued to explain what she had previously told him before, if only with a lot more detail. He informed them of how Potomuri was brought to the planet by Ozrock and, under his supervision (threat), had been working on... or rather, he had finished the cannon that was supposed to erase the black hole. The only problem is, it doesn't have enough charge to take out one with the magnitude they were facing.

Katora, the princess of a planet that was once swallowed whole by one, informed him of how they would be able to complete it with this 'Life Energy'. Originally he thought of the Souls (like the one Konoha has), but the man shook his head. It was a type of power that all living creatures have within them, whether or not they have those beast powers. However, to generate it into the machine, they would need to be released. The best way to do that is to clash on a battlefield, or in this case...

"The finals..."

The princess was basically asking all the players to play as if their lives were on the line. Hell, their lives might actually be on the line for that match with how dangerous the act of releasing such energy is in and of itself, and especially if both teams need to fight each other that fiercely.

"I trust that you will grant Lalaya's wish. Please be her strength."

Those were the man's last words before he returned to his Pixie form and left.

For a while, there was only silence. That surprised him as he thought his friend would want to make a witty comeback after he's gone. But she didn't.

She was just staring at the ground with her arms crossed.

"Miko?"

Her eyes darted over to him for a second before she seemed to curl in further. "I hate it when the adults are right."

Had it been anyone else that said that, he would've probably just rolled his eyes. But because it wasn't... "Yeah, it's quite the favor he's asking from us."

"From you."

"That's... Yeah."

They went into silence. Awkward, uncomfortable, painful silence. For another, much longer while, they simply stood there, facing the direction that the Pixie left in. Then, she suddenly spun around, facing the black hole.

"FUCK YOU!!!"

... T-That's one way of dealing with it... "Miko...?" He placed a hand on her back and asked, "Feeling better?"

"Absolutely!"

That's a 'no'.

She groaned, spinning once again before dropping to the floor, leaning back on the short rails that surrounded the balcony. She was staring straight up, not saying a word, so he took that as cue to sit next to her. When their shoulders were properly pressed together, she let out a sigh, speaking in a much lower tone.

"You said you can't fight Faram, right?"

"Yeah... why?"

"He asked you to be the queen's strength. And let me remind you that this planet's team likely feels no pressure about the black hole. So to make sure this match will be as intense as it should be..."

His mouth clamped shut and his brain went... nearly blank. All there was left was a tiny voice in the back of his head, repeating an idea he never thought he'd ever come up with.

"Fight Earth." They escaped his lips before he could stop them. "I'll have to rile up Faram's team, and maybe even lead them against Earth with everything they've got."