The True Beginning

She hopped off the train and walked out of the station, coming face to face with the navy haired boy. She gave him a smile. "Good morning!" She tried to tackle him in a hug, but was easily evaded.

"You're late." He stated bluntly.

"I can't help that the train got delayed." She huffed back. "What? You excited for your second day at school?" Ignoring her, he began to walk off. She huffed a second time and covered her head with her hoodie again.

They headed to the soccer building first, where the chairman and principal agreed to meet them. They found the club members in a state of despair while practicing.

Shindou placed a ball by his feet. "We've got to do what we can with the nine members left at Raimon's soccer club." Just as he kicked the ball up, a blur of red and purple passed him by and trapped the ball mid-air.

"You mean ten members." The ball was kicked into the goal, the keeper unable to react.

Clapping came from the stands. "Chairman!"

"Tsurugi is joining the soccer club." The old man's words somehow managed to worsen the mood.

Tsurugi's own sneer didn't help either. "Glad to be working with you, captain."

Shindou reluctantly went to grab one of their jerseys. He shook as he held it in his hands and took hesitant steps towards the first-year.

"Now, give Tsurugi his uniform. Go on."

He couldn't do anything but obey, but as soon as he held it out, the uniform was slapped out of his hands. He glared at the younger boy. "Do you know what you just did?! That's the Raimon uniform!"

But Tsurugi kept the ever-lasting smirk on his face. "I'm an observer from Fifth Sector. I'm not like you."

"Tsurugi!" The only thing that kept him from punching the delinquent was the keeper's voice telling him to stop.

"W-Well, since it appears that introductions are over... That's how it is." The chairman and principal took their leave. Tsurugi stared him down a little longer before eventually heading out himself, the girl tailing him.

~~~~~

No calls, no messages, no summons. It was a free day for her, so she spent her time walking around town. When she got back to the school, she found the outdoor field being used. Tenma and four unfamiliar faces were facing off against the soccer team. On the bench were the coach, the woman from the day before, and two girls, most likely the managers.

Tsurugi was on the stairs, watching the match unfold. She took a seat beside him, placing the backpack she carried on her lap. She took out a bag of chips and waved it in front of his face. "Want some?" He didn't reply, but when she opened the bag, his hand reached in and popped some into his mouth.

She didn't comment and the two continued to watch as the five try-outs failed miserably. Four of them began to slow down, but Tenma kept on going at it. It brought a small smile to her face. "Can I be honest with you?" He hummed in reply, letting her know he was listening. "Matsukaze Tenma is his name, right? I think I'm really going to like him."

"... Are we talking about that same idiot who keeps falling on his face?"

"Yup." Her smile grew by just a bit when a much shorter boy began to fight just as hard. "That one too."

"What? Because of their 'soccer'?"

"Something like that." She finished the last of the chips. "I don't need to read minds to tell that those two will definitely pass the test."