Chapter 146 (Ronnie)

A frown appears on my face as my phone rings. Nobody should be calling me this early in the morning

"What's wrong Mommy," Raelyn asks.

"Nothing Rae," I respond, "I just have to answer this call." I step away from the kids and answer my phone, noticing Patty's face on the caller ID.

"Hey Patty," I begin, "did you win Dottie back?"

"I did," he responds, "but that's not why I'm calling. I need a favor.....from Callum."

"Anything I can help with," I ask.

"Sadly," Patty sighs, "I really need Callum's help. Sorry Ronnie."

"I'm the one who should be apologizing, Patty. Callum doesn't like you."

"I know, but I really need his help."

I look from the kids to the kitchen. I sigh as Patty begs for help.

"Fine," I reply with a deep sigh, "I'll talk to him. I can't guarantee that he'll help you though."

"Thank you! I owe you."

The call ends and Callum's phone begins to ring. I look at the called ID and freeze. Hailey's face appears on the screen. I quickly answer it knowing how much Hailey hates having to make a phone call.

My face pales as Hailey begins to describe what's happening. I hear Emory's voice in the background yelling at traffic. I give Hailey a quick response before hanging up the phone. I yell out Callum's name but get no reply. My anxiety begins to grow as I hear nothing but silence from the kitchen.