Chapter 90 (Ronnie)

"Come in," I shout. I hear my bedroom door open and close. I wrap a plastic cap around my newly dyed hair. I take the gloves off and turn to face the door of my bathroom.

"Dying your hair the day before the wedding," Callum asks.

"Yeah," I reply. "Patty helped me bleach the tips. Now I'm just dying all of it."

"My siblings wanted to meet you. But if you're busy it can wait. Especially if Patty's here."

"I'm sorry, Cal. I know you hate him, but he's my friend. And he's helping me get my nails done. I've been so busy planning this wedding that I forgot I was the maid-of-honor." I sit on my bathroom counter and look at Callum sadly.

"I understand. But when you're done, can you dye my hair?"

"Of course!" I kiss Callum and smile as he leaves my room. Moments later Patty walks in with my makeup and nail container from the storage room.

Emory's POV

The patio door opens and I ignore it. The cigarette is taken from my hand and stomped out.

"Care to explain," Alex asks.

"Not really," I respond.

"I wasn't asking. I need an explaination."

"Why?"

"Because I know what it's like when the love of your life freaks out over a baby."

"I'm not freaking out, Alex! I'm terrible with kids. It's my fault Zach is disabled!"

Alex puts a calming hand on my shoulder. I look into her emerald eyes and sigh.

"I dropped my younger brother when he was a baby. And I just fear..."

"...that you'll do the same with your own child?" Alex finish my sentence and I nod in reply. "Emory, that was in the past. Just relax. Hailey will help you through things. But you need to fully explain this fear to her."

"I will. Just let me smoke one more cigarette before I walk inside." Alex pats my shoulder and pull out another cigarette while I think of my younger brother.