Chapter 117 (Ronnie/Emory)

I wake up from the constant vibration of my phone on the nightstand. I quickly pick it up and notice I'm getting a call from Aaron.

"Hello," I groggily begin.

"Sorry to wake you," Aaron states, "but as your manager I should inform you that Shane Told of Silverstein has asked for an interview."

"An interview for his podcast?"

"Yup. He's gonna be in town and asked to do it face-to-face."

I try to contain my excitement. Shane Told's podcast, Lead Singer Syndrome, is my favorite podcast.

"Hey Ronnie," Aaron pulls me back to reality, "he also wants Patty there. Apparently the two of them are good friends."

"Okay," I reply, "when is the interview?"

"It's at 3pm today," Aaron states, "please be at the mansion at 2pm." Aaron hangs up and I jump out of bed with joy.

"Well looks like someone is awake," Callum says from the doorway. I turn around with a huge grin on my face. I notice that he's holding a tray of food.

"Wanted to surprise me," I ask.

"We did, but looks like a phone call beat us to it. Who was it?"

"Aaron," I reply, "I need to be at the mansion today. Band stuff."

"But it's your birthday today...I had a big day planned."

"I'm sorry Cal. This interview today is important." I sit on the bad, a frown forming on my face. I've never been one to celebrate my birthday.

"Can I watch?"

"It's an interview for a podcast so it'll take awhile. But we can listen to the podcast together when it's out."

I look at Callum and I notice he's giving me a forced smile. I smile sadly at him then look at the clock. I pick up Spencer and take him to his room to get dressed. The little boy isn't going to be late for day care.

Emory's POV

It's been a month and Hailey and I are finally headed home. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have reconnected with Zach. Her baby bump is almost showing. I might have to start thinking of some baby names soon. And looks like I'll be converting the spare bedroom in our apartment into a nursery.