Chapter 100 (Patty)

Watching Ronnie dance with her fiance breaks my heart. I still love her with all of my heart. When I finish the song, the members of Set It Off happily hop on stage.

"Go take a break and dance," Cody tells me.

"Yeah," Dan adds in, "we'll take it from here."

"Thanks," I reply. I put my guitar back and hop off stage. I grab some water and grimace when I see Ben walking towards me.

"You're still in love with her," he tells me.

"Yes I am," I reply. "I never stopped loving her. That's why I wrote Still Remembering."

"Does she know?"

"About the song? Yeah."

"No you idiot. About how you feel."

"She's engaged, Ben."

"And? Patty, I see the way she looks at you. I see the way she acts with you. Part of her might still love you."

As Set It Off finishes setting up, I run a hand through my hair. I approach the couple and tap Callum on the shoulder.

"Mind if I steal her for a few dances," I ask.

"Not at all," he states, "I need to call my siblings anyway."

Callum walks off the dancefloor and I take Ronnie's hand in mine. We begin to slow dance to Miss Mysterious.

"You hate dancing," she whispers.

"But you love dancing," I reply. "And I love you."

Ronnie cheeks turn red and she looks down at our feet. I stick a finger under her chin and bring her face back up with a slight chuckle.

"You always did that when I made you blush," I state.

"You made me blush alot," she states back. "You should've seen me when I heard Still Remembering for the first time."

"Did you freeze?"

"I did. And we were preparing for sound check. Johnny never lets me live it down." Ronnie chuckles at the memory. A soft smile forms on her face. "Patty," she begins, "I never stopped loving you. And part of me still loves you. But I'm with Callum."

"I know," I reply. "I had a chance to marry you and I let you slip through my fingers. What happened between us was my fault. I chose my music career over love and I'm sorry. I never stopped loving you. You will always be the one that got away."

As the song ends, Ronnie steps a little closer to me. She places a gentle hand on my cheek and kisses me softly. She pulls away before I can react. I watch as Ronnie walks off the dancefloor to Spencer's side.