Chapter 123 (Ronnie/Emory)

After the interview Shane stayed and recorded the duet with me. His voice with a hint of screaming helps bring the song to a new level. I hope I can convince the guys to do some heavier songs on this album. I exchanged numbers with Shane in case I wanted him to do more screaming on the album. As Patty and I waved goodbye to Shane, I checked the time.

"I've got to go," I tell Aaron and Patty.

"Be safe on the road," Patty tells me.

"And have a great birthday party," Aaron smiles at me. I smile back and hug him. It's rare for Aaron to smile at any member of the band.

I get in my car and head back to the apartment. As I walk inside, I hear music softly playing. I follow the noise and notice that Callum is trying to calm down a cranky Spencer. I stand against the wall and listen quietly. 

"That was lovely," I say when Callum is done.

"Welcome home," Spencer cheers.

"Hi buddy," I hug Spencer, "and thank you for that lovely cover, Cal." I kiss Callum on the cheek.

"How was the interview," he asks.

"It was great," I reply, "Shane said that the next time he interviews me he wants you there too."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I talked a lot about you. I talked more about you than about co-writing a few songs with Patty for the new As It Is album."

"Well I'm just glad you're home," Callum smiles, "I have a surprise for dinner."

"Yay," Spencer adds in, "a surprise!" I giggle at his reaction and sit him in his chair. I prep some leftovers for him while Callum focus on making dinner for the two of us.

Emory's POV

"Honestly," I tell Hailey, "not well. These IKEA instructions are confusing. They're nothing but pictures!" I wipe some sweat off my face and look back at Hailey.

"Well don't worry," Hailey replies, "I'm sure we can get Cal help."

"He'll have to help me paint the room. I just want to build the furniture first."

"Okay. I'm going to continue unpacking."

"Okay. But Hailey, no heavy lifting. I know you can, but I want to keep my two girls safe."

"I still think we're gonna have a boy," Hailey smiles.

"We'll see," I state, "we still have one more month."

A/N: Do you guys think the baby will be a little girl or a little boy? And if you love this story, Kenzie and I are currently working on a sequel. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated. - Ronnie