Chapter 66 (Ronnie)

"Hey," I tell Diamante when her set is over. "I'm-"

"-Ronnie Nails. The lead singer of Pop The Clutch," she replies. "I'm a big fan. You gave me the inspiration to finally record my music."

"Well I'm glad I could help. But right now I need a favor."

"Anything!"

"I need your band to play a PTC song."

"Which one?"

"Cadillac Dreams."

Emory's POV

I kiss Hailey and gently put her in her seat. 

"Let me go get Callum," I tell her. I walk outside and put a reassuring hand on Callum's shoulder. "Let's go inside," I tell him.

"Do you think she'll forgive me," he asks quietly.

"You'll have to ask her yourself." I lead Callum inside back to the table. His eyes follow Diamante as she walks to the bar. His head snaps back to the stage when Ronnie begins to sing. I pull Hailey close to me and sing along with Ronnie.

Cadillac Dreams was the very first heavy rock song PTC ever wrote. I even got a say in some of the lyrics, which doesn't happen often. I watch as Callum's head snaps back and forth between Ronnie and Diamante. 

When Ronnie approaches the chorus of the song, she jumps off the stage and walks over to Callum. She sits on his lap and he immediately blushes. His hands begin to slide up her thighs. When the guitar solo comes on, Ronnie kisses Callum and then gets back up on the stage. I watch as Callum's eyes stay glued to Ronnie. Looks like Hailey's idea worked. But looks like I'll have to sit with Johnny and explain things. Hopefully I get a chance to do it after the wedding. I don't need him wanting to kill Callum before he gets married.