Chapter 113 (Ronnie)

I wake up with a throbbing in my left eye. I try to sit up but am immediately pushed back down.

"Don't sit up," Patty says, "you're injured."

"What happened," I ask.

"You jumped in front of me when Callum was about to hit me." I look into Patty's eyes and notice sadness dripping from them. "He texted you when he left." Patty hands me my phone and I begin to cry. Did Callum just break up with me? I call him and wait for an answer.

"Hello," Callum answers.

"Cal," I begin, "please don't leave me. Please don't leave." My voice cracks as I talk.

"I hit you, Ronnie. I'm such a fuck up."

"No you're not, Callum! I made the mistake of jumping in front of Patty instead of yelling at you to stop."

"You two deserve to be together."

"Cal, I deserve you. Patty is my best friend. And I know you hate him. But for me, please try to get along with him."

"I can't," Callum's voice cracks, "I can't stand knowing you two were engaged. I even saw you kiss him tonight!"

"It wasn't a loving kiss," I sob, "it was more of a goodbye kiss. Patty and I are friends, but I want to spend my life with you! If I wanted Patty, I wouldn't have accepted your proposal. Please don't leave me Cal."

"I'm sorry Ronnie. You'll never forgive me for hurting you."

"Callum," I say sternly, "what you did was an accident. And I do forgive you. Hailey may not, but I will. But your siblings will hate you if you leave me. Spencer will hate you."

There's silence on the other end of the phone. Patty rubs my back as I try my best to hold in my tears.

"Come home with me," Callum whispers. "Come meet everyone."

This time the silence comes from me. I wanted to meet Callum's family, but I'm unsure how they'll react to my bruised eye.

"I'll come with you if you promise to at least get to know Patty," I croak out.

"Ronnie," Callum sighs, "I really don't like him."

"Just give him a chance. Please Cal."

"Fine. But if I punch him again, please don't get between us."

"I promise I won't make that mistake again." I wipe my eyes and smile slightly. Callum and I end the call. Patty helps me up, only to have Johnny run to me.

"Can I kill him," my brother growls.

"He gets one more chance," I tell Johnny. "After that you can punch him in the face. Now take me to his hotel."