Chapter 119 (Ronnie/Emory)

I dropped Spencer off at daycare and then drove to the mansion. As I park my car, Patty comes and parks next to me.

"Happy birthday," Patty cheers.

"Thanks Patty," I reply, "but you know I don't usually celebrate my birthday."

"I know. But at least you get to hang with Shane Told on your birthday."

"That is true. I love his podcast!"

Patty chuckles at my reaction and leads me inside. We walk into the studio and meet up with Aaron.

"So one quick rule before Shane gets here," Aaron begins, "don't talk about personal lives of the band members."

"What if he asks me personal questions," I ask.

"You can answer those questions. I know you've been writing a duet, Ronnie. I think Patty should sing it with you."

"I think Shane would be a better fit," Patty adds, "his can add in some screaming that would elevate PTC to a whole new level."

"Let me hear both men record the song," I state, "I'll make my judgement after that. I really wanted Cody Carson to sing it with me."

"He's currently on tour, Ronnie."

"I know, Aaron. But while we wait for Shane to arrive, let's have Patty record the song."

Patty nods, takes my lyrics, and heads into the recording booth. I sit next to Aaron and all of us put on a pair of headphones.

Emory's POV

"If it's a girl," I begin, "her name will be Marie Lily Jones. And if it's a boy, his name will be Jonathan Zachariah Jones."

"Both of those are nice names," Hailey states, "but I'd prefer Callum instead of Zachariah."

"How about Callum Zachariah Jones?"

"I love it!" Hailey kisses my cheek as we continue to move into our new apartment. "How does yellow sound as a color for the baby's room?"

"Yellow is okay," I reply, "I'd prefer lavender though."

"Lavender would look lovely. But we still have eight months before the baby arrives."

I smile to myself and begin to picture my life as a father. Hailey will also make an amazing mother.