Chapter 101 (Ronnie)

I walk away from Patty and decide to spend some time with Spencer. As I pick him up, he immeddiately falls asleep. I take him outside and sit down on a bench.

"Need a breather too," my brother asks.

"Be quiet," I demand, "your son is asleep."

"Look," Johnny sits down, "I saw you and Patty dancing. You two moved better than Callum."

"Callum isn't the best dancer," I reply, "but I love him."

"You also love Patty. Marie-"

"-Ronnie."

"No. I'm gonna call you Marie until you understand this. Listen to your gut, but trust your heart. I love you sis, but you're too damn stubborn. You're just like dad."

"I don't remember dad..."

"I know you don't. I really wish the two of them would've been here to see the wedding. Mom would be proud of all the hard work you put into this wedding."

"And dad would be proud that you started a family. Speaking of which, where can I put Spenc?"

"I'll take him." I hand Spencer to his father. "Don't make the same mistake again, Ronnie." Johnny walks back inside and I watch as Callum sits next to me.

"I was looking for you," he states.

"I just needed some air," I reply. I reach for Callum's hand but he pulls it away. "What's wrong?"

"Ronnie," he begins, "why did you kiss Patty?"

"I don't know," I state quietly, "I just felt the need to. I don't love him the same way I love you."

"But you still love him?"

"I do, Callum. He was my first love."

"I don't like him. And you know that."

"I do. But he's my best friend."

"I thought Emory was your best friend..."

"He's more like a brother. But I can always talk to Patty about anything. He understands me and the weird way I think."

"I want that to be me." Callum places a hand on my cheek. "I keep feeling like you're blocking me out, Ronnie. Let me get to know you like Patty knows you."

"Only if I get to meet your family," I chuckle.

"They want to meet you. They also want pictures." Callum kisses me and we cuddle so that his family can see the both of us in the skype call.