Chapter 151 (Patty)

"Look," I begin softly, "Ronnie falls easily for people. But it's hard for her to truly devote herself to someone. I learned that lesson the hard way."

Callum's cries turn into hiccups as he tries to calm down. I sigh and hang up. I quickly call him back but request a face time call.

"Why'd you hang up," Callum asks between hiccups.

"Because I need you to look at me," I reply. My tired eyes meet his puffy red ones. "Ever since Ronnie met you I've had trouble sleeping. These bags under my eyes aren't a product of jetlag. I'm jealous of you, Callum. Ronnie is actually trying to break down her walls for you. The big decision you have to make is what is best for you."

"I don't know what that is." Callum's voice is strained from all his crying.

"Then listen to me carefully. What is best for your mental health right now?"

"Honestly," Callum sighs, "staying with my siblings would relieve alot of stress and worry from me. But leaving Ronnie will break my heart."

"It's gonna hurt to leave her, Callum. I know how bad it's gonna hurt to break off the engagement. But right now you need to focus on you. And if that means you need to stay with your siblings, then I suggest you do that. I'll be here to help you. I know we aren't really friends, but I do want to change that. Give me a call anytime."

Callum nods in reply and wipes his eyes before ending the call.

"That was nice of you," Dottie states, "I still wanna meet Ronnie."

"And you will," I kiss Dottie's knuckles. "I'll be going back to the states for a few interviews in a three weeks. You can join me."

"I'd love that." Dottie smiles and leans in for a kiss. I laugh as our dog jumps on my lap and licks her face.