C18

Chapter 18: “Swinging a big sword in front of Guan Gong.”

Shi Yunnan’s rhetorical question was neither too fast nor too slow; when it fell into Madam Zhao’s ears, it turned into a ‘deliberate provocation’ .

Madam Zhao’s complexion changed slightly, and the corners of her flat lips obviously showed her feelings.

As the hostess of this banquet, she was held up by many guests from the moment she entered the venue.

But now, out of nowhere, a fresh-faced young man not only spoke for Mrs. Lou, whom she hated the most, but also dared to challenge her?

Mrs. Zhao once again asked about Shi Yunnan’s identity, “Which family’s young master are you anyway? Who are your parents?”

On the sideline, Wen Yibei saw that the atmosphere wasn’t right. Just as he was about to step forward and help speak up, he saw Xie Keyue walk out from the group of guests, “Mrs. Zhao, this is my brother, Shi Yunnan.”

“He just came back from abroad a while ago, so it’s normal that you don’t know him.” Xie Keyue walked to Mrs. Zhao’s side and stood still, his eyes silently locked on the two brothers opposite.

Wen Yibei’s face was somewhat pale, slightly evading the other party’s gaze.

He didn’t have much opinion about this Xie Keyue, who followed his mother into the Shi’s family and became the third young master.

However, as the elder brother, he would naturally favor his own brother.

Thinking of the fact that Xie Keyue was praised to the sky in the Shi family over the years, but Shi Yunnan was left unattended by them abroad, he felt aggrieved for his brother in his heart.

Shi Yunnan let out a short breath, as if he had expected Xie Keyue’s appearance a long time ago.

In any case, he was the protagonist of the original book that came with his own halo, it was the everything-must-go-smooth protagonist halo. A single ‘nightclub downfall’ was indeed difficult to completely take him down.

“Shi Yunnan?” Mrs. Zhao muttered vaguely, then she noticed Wen Yibei on the side and finally reacted.

“Yes.”

Instead of responding, Xie Keyue slightly shifted his gaze to the jewelry, and the pleasant acting soon came, “I think this jewelry is graceful and luxurious, it matches Mrs. Zhao’s temperament just right.”

Mrs. Zhao gently touched her jewelry necklace, her expression was appreciative of Xie Keyue, “Speaking of which, I have to thank third young master and your mother for this amazing birthday gift.”

“Mr. Wen knows music, young master Xie knows jewelry, yet…”

Mrs. Zhao deliberately glanced at Shi Yunnan’s face, and changed her words, “Obviously they are nominal brothers, why is there such a big difference?”

There was no mention of Shi Yunnan in these words, but it didn’t save Shi Yunnan any face.

As soon as people around heard this, they instantly understood——

So the jewelry necklace that Mrs. Zhao loved so much was a gift from Xie Keyue and his mother? These sparkling diamonds are blinding people, the price must be high!

As a result?

Shi Yunnan, who didn’t understand jewelry, talked nonsense, and even said that it was comparable to Mrs. Lou’s small jewelry. He simply didn’t know how to appreciate it and had no insight.

No wonder Mrs. Zhao was full of appreciation for Xie Keyue and was indifferent toward Shi Yunnan.

“Shi family can be regarded as a wealthy family, how did they raise such a second young master who doesn’t know anything about quality?”