Chapter 139

Sculptor.

A profession whose professional ability is quite strong, but not well known by others.

It’s great because it requires extremely strong patience and fine carving.

The carving skills will directly determine the quality of the work.

As Gao Shu thought in his mind, sculpture, calligraphy, and traditional Chinese painting are indeed all within the category of works of art.

However, every industry has good and bad, and there are ordinary and masters.

It’s just that the status of masters in the carving industry is not as good as the masters of calligraphy and painting, and it can even be said to be a far cry.

Even the top carving master, the manual cost of a work is only hundreds of thousands.

There are indeed many sculptures that can sell for millions or even tens of millions at auction houses.

But in the first place, it is a minority, and secondly, most of those works are not owned by the sculptor.

Most of the works that can be sold at high prices are either historical objects that contain some antique elements themselves.

Otherwise, I didn’t know how many hands were turned, and finally was deliberately fired at a high price.

All in all, it is sold at a high price directly from the carver, no.

At least the price is about the same as that of masters of the same level in calligraphy and painting, no.

Even if it is a famous master in the carving world, a work carved out of good materials is hundreds of thousands, and it will be capped at a million or so.

But it is not easy to become a sculptor. You must first have some basic painting skills, especially sketching skills.

Because there are too many types of carvings, there are relief carvings, hollow carvings, and the most common carvings.

But no matter what kind of sculpture, the person who needs the sculpture needs to have a sense of space beyond ordinary people, and can imagine a finished product or a semi-finished product in his mind.

Not only that, before carving, you also need to draw a good drawing, and then use a pen to draw on the wood.

After all the preparations are done, carving can begin.

Therefore, most sculptors can write good characters and draw good pictures.

Master engravers, their calligraphy and painting skills, have been regarded as small achievements, half of their feet have entered the threshold of the calligraphy and painting industry.

Chen Xuan at this moment has only one feeling.

He felt that he could only give himself a knife, no matter what kind of knife, even a kitchen knife, he could carve a picture of Qingming Shanghe on a branch.

As long as he wants, he can do it.

Chen Xuan didn’t let Chen Xuan wait too long, but Gao Shu and the others came back with their things.

“I didn’t pay attention before, but now it looks really big.”

“This piece of wood is hundreds of thousands? It feels no different from the beam of my house.”

“Seriously, the beams of your house may be really unusual. When the house in my hometown collapsed before, I found out that the beams of the house were actually agarwood and sold for more than 60,000.”