06

I was late for class, I had woken up late this morning, and I was walking to school, whereas Liam usually drops me off. I walked quickly in the corridor before knocking on the door, I hear the teacher allowing me to enter. I open the door.

"Good morning sir, sorry I'm late.

- Good morning Miss Jones. I'll let it slide this time, go sit down."

I comply and go to sit in my usual place next to Robin. My friend calls me discreetly, I turn to her.

"Are you ok?

- Yes, don't worry." I say while smiling.

I then focus on the class before I hear the bell ring after a good hour. I pack up my things and head off with my friends towards our next class. I suddenly hear a familiar voice calling my name.

"Jones!"

I then turn around before I see Eddie Munson, I turn my head towards my friends, begging them for help.

"Ask him!" Robin whispered.

I frown before slapping her arm and speaking up.

"No! I'll join you after."

I turn to face Eddie, he smiles softly at me before leaning against the lockers.

"Aren't you forgetting something?

- Uh... I don't know. To tell you the truth, I don't remember much about what happened Friday night."

Eddie stifles a laugh before playing with one of his rings, he speaks up.

"You owe me $3.50...

- Oh yeah! The drugs I forgot about it."

I start to think, I don't have any money on me, I then look at Eddie with a sad look on my face.

"I don't have any money on me right now... Uhm...

- I heard you work at a fast food place?"

I frown not sure what he was getting at before i spoke.

"Yeah... Why?

- Buy me a milkshake, put it on your salary and we'll call it even?

- Alright, meet me there at six."

Eddie nods positively before leaving, I then turn around, joining my friends in class. I come and sit next to Robin and start listening to the teacher.

After a long hour, we leave class and head for the cafeteria, Steve starts talking to me.

"Why were you late this morning?

- I woke up late and had to walk here.

- Why didn't you ask me to drop you off? Steve does.

- I didn't think about it."

We go and sit down at a table and start eating, I looked around and saw Liam staring at me. He was annoying. He was the one who dumped me and now he's being weird with me. I know I couldn't escape a discussion with him.

But his look at me was unbearable, I have to leave. I get up then.

"I have cheerleading practice, I have to go.

- But aren't you eating? Robin asks.

- Diet." I say.

I grab my tray, clear it away and walk out of the cafeteria.

"Cass!" I hear Liam call out to me.

I keep walking, ignoring his words. I hear him yell my name a little louder.

"Cassie!"

I then stop before turning around somewhat annoyed.

"What?" I say.

Liam walks over to me, letting a sorry look appear on his face.

"I stopped by your house Saturday night but you weren't there, can we talk?

- Talk about what?"

Liam starts to think before he speaks.

"Did you make it home Friday night?

- No since you couldn't walk me home because you decided to dump me over sex."

Liam starts to sigh before moving a little closer to me, but I stealthily back away.

"I felt guilty all weekend, I worried...

- Worried?! If you were really worried you could have tried calling me on Saturday.

- I tried to call you all Friday night but you didn't answer!

- Because I wasn't home Liam! Because of you."

Liam frowns before speaking up somewhat confused and curious.

"Whose house did you spend the night at?

- That's none of your business anymore Liam, leave me alone now."

I turn my back on him before hearing Liam mutter something in his beard.

"I'll get you back Jones."

I laugh quietly and head off in the direction of the gym where cheerleading rehearsals were.