29

Eddie's POV

I leave my room and go to the kitchen, I open the fridge before looking for the beer cans. I suddenly stop and think about what just happened.

I rest my arm against the fridge before resting my forehead on my arm. I really have no balls. I should have kissed her, but I was too afraid she would reject me and tell me I was just a friend to her. The night at Tina's party I don't even know why I told her that I give this kind of attention to all the other girls, I only know her.

I sigh before taking the cans, closing the fridge and joining Cassie in my room.

Cassie's POV

An animal noise prevented me from falling back to sleep, so I got up, rubbing my eyes before looking around. I immediately saw that I was in Eddie's room. The lamp next to me was on and a blanket was covering my body. I sat down on the bed before getting up.

I look at the time on the clock radio before seeing that it was four in the morning. I sigh before putting my shoes back on and walking out of the room, I immediately see Eddie lying on the sofa sleeping.

I instinctively smile before taking a post-it note and a pen and start writing on it.

"I left, thanks for yesterday night, see you at school.

Cassie."

I grab my jacket then exit the mobile home quietly closing the door behind me, I then walk home. I walk back to my house and go straight to take a shower then get ready to go to school.

———

I had just arrived at the school with Steve and Robin, we were walking down the main hallway, I immediately went to one of the newspaper dispensers and picked one up. I read the front page. 

'Liam Smith finally goes back on his word'.

A smile forms on my lips before Steve speaks up.

"Looks like he's changed his mind after all.

- I wonder how and why for that matter." Robin made as she looked up at me.

Crossing her arms against her chest, I put the newspaper back in the dispenser before speaking up.

"Why are you looking at me like that? I didn't do anything."

Robin rolls her eyes before Steve speaks up with a sigh.

"I also think you went to Liam to talk to him, but whatever you did to him, the important thing is that he stopped the rumors."

I thank Steve for sticking up for me before we start walking again, Robin then speaks up.

"I called you last night, you didn't answer, where were you? She asks.

- Probably sleeping.

- I called you about the time you get home from work, so no you weren't sleeping Cassie, who were you with?"

I frown before turning to my friend, she already knew who I was with, she just wanted to hear it from me.

"I was at Eddie Munson's house, and I spent part of the night there." I said, rolling my eyes.

Robin smiles as she raises her eyebrows several times, I gently tap her shoulder before Steve speaks up.

"You slept at his house? And why were you at his house? You could have called me so I could come get you instead of sleeping there.

- I feel like I'm talking to my mom, did she possess you?

- Stop making jokes about your dead mother you idiot and answer my questions." Steve said, smacking my head.

I blew out a loud breath before running my hand over my head and answering my friend.

"I was at Munson's because I asked him to teach me electric guitar, that's all.

- But why did you spend part of the night at his house?

- I fell asleep, I didn't think I'd fall asleep there." I shrug.

Robin catches my eye before she starts talking, looking at me strangely.

"And you guys had sex?

- Robin fuck, don't give her any crazy ideas please." Steve said.

I laughed softly before answering my friends.

"No we didn't sleep together, and anyway what do you care Harrington?

- What do I care?! He's going to fuck you and let you go like Liam was going to do, and we're the ones who are going to have to scoop you up with a spoon.

- Spoon me?

- Yeah, you got me."

I frown before stopping and turning to Steve, I then reply.

"Look Steve, I didn't ask you to 'spoon' me or not, I don't care, you don't have to anyway because there's nothing going on between Munson and me, we're just friends, he even said so."

Robin starts to laugh, I then turn to my friend with a frown, she starts to speak.

"Sorry, it's just that you really lie like you breathe."

I roll my eyes before assuring them that I wasn't lying and walking away, this conversation was going nowhere.