19

I was patiently waiting for Eddie in the parking lot, sitting on a curb near a car. I was reading, as I always do. I saw a figure walking towards me, I looked up before I saw Eddie. I immediately smiled.

"I thought you were going to stand me up. I said as I closed my book.

- Of course not, the D&D training just took a little longer than expected, little Dustin is having a hard time figuring out the new strategies." He says with a smile.

I laughed softly before putting my book away and standing up. Eddie and I then start walking to his van, we get in and Eddie starts off, driving to the center of town.

"What is D&D? Lucas has tried to explain it to me over and over again, but I still don't understand.

- It's true it's pretty complicated, let's just say it's a role-playing game." He says.

I smile softly before turning my face towards the road. We arrive in front of the videoclub. We get out, Eddie speaks up.

"Are you going to rent the movie? I need to stop by and buy something quick.

- That works, i'll meet you here." I reply.

I walk towards the store before I walk in and see Steve at the counter.

"Isn't Robin here?

- She's on break in the back, what are you doing here?

- Renting a movie.

- You don't come in often to rent a movie, a special occasion?

- Mhm." I say as I head to a shelf.

I pick up the Grease videotape before walking over to the register.

"A date with a boy?

- It's not a date, just a friendly one. I correct him.

- With whom?

- Eddie Munson." I say.

Steve frowns before putting his elbow on the counter and speaking up.

"Seriously?

- Mhm, we're going to his place in Forest Hill.

- I don't think that's a good idea... You don't know him, imagine if he raped you or...

- Steve, stop it right now, you're really not right! Eddie is a nice person, you just don't want to get to know him."

Steve sighs, understanding that I don't want to hear any more bad things about Eddie from him. He takes the videotape in his hands.

"Grease? Again? Poor Munson. You've been here renting movies at least ten times since I've been working here, and all ten times were to rent Grease. He says, rolling his eyes.

- It's my favorite movie. Six dollars, as usual?

- Yeah."

I pull some bills out of my pocket before handing them to him, I take the videotape. Steve speaks up.

"Have a nice evening with Eddie the Satanic.

- Thanks, tell Robin I said hi, see ya!"

I walk out of the video store before I see Eddie in the van, I smile before climbing inside.

"You got it? He asks me.

- Yeah, we can go." I affirm.

Eddie then starts up before pulling out of the parking lot and driving to Forest Hill. After about fifteen minutes, we had arrived. Eddie parks right in front of the mobile home.

We get out of the car, Eddie walks up to the door before starting to rummage through his bag.

"I can't remember coming here... I must have been really high that night. I say as I look around.

- Clearly." He stifles a laugh.

I then look in the direction of a mobile home before I recognize Max's mother hanging out the laundry. So she lives here now? Her stepfather isn't with her mother anymore?

I frown gently before turning to Eddie after hearing the door open. He smiles at me with all his teeth.

"Here you go, please come in." He says.

I smile at him before stepping into the mobile home. I look around, recognizing the place a little bit. Eddie closes the door before speaking.

"Welcome to my home.

- It's so charming." I say with a smile.

I set my bag against a wall as Eddie leaves into a room of the mobile home, I start to walk towards a white wooden cabinet.

There were some audio cassettes put inside, I slide my finger against the back of it, reading the titles of musics and albums, I stop at once in front of a title which is familiar to me. 'Put Your Head On My Shoulder' by Paul Anka.

It seemed to me that he gave me back the tape. I then speak up.

"You could have told me you already had the Paul Anka's tape, I wouldn't have had to lend you mine."

Immediately I heard Eddie's footsteps approaching me, he immediately stood in front of me before hiding the tapes with his hands.

"Uh, no! I didn't have it. I bought it only the day before yesterday... Well, no! My uncle bought it the day before yesterday..."

I frown before a chuckle forms on the corner of my lip, understanding what was going on. I nod falsely. Eddie then steps back before removing his jacket, finding himself in a plain white t-shirt.

Eddie then picks up the Grease tape before putting it in his video cassette player connected to a TV. I sit down, hesitantly, on the couch.

He turns on the TV before coming to sit in turn on the sofa, I immediately take the floor.

"I'll warn you right away, it's very mushy and cliché.

- Anyway, if it was so successful when it came out it's for a reason."

The movie then starts, I start to focus on it as if it was the first time I was watching it.

"John Travolta is so handsome... I say with a smile.

- He has a bum walk..." Eddie said.

I laughed softly, Eddie was right. Danny's character was trying to give himself a style by walking like that.

We continue to watch for a good thirty minutes.

"What a creep seriously, he doesn't even assume his girlfriend in front of his buddies.

- You're right... Sandy is too naive." I said with a sad look.

I put my legs to my chest, concentrating on the movie, my gaze drifting a few times to Eddie, to see if he could follow the movie.

The scene at the drive-in arrives, Eddie immediately frowns before speaking up.

"Did he just touch her breasts or am I dreaming? No but seriously what a jerk... If I had breasts and someone would have touched them without consent I would have already put my fist in his face."

I laugh before Eddie turns his face to me, probably waiting for me to say what I think.

"If it had been my boyfriend I wouldn't have said anything, but now he did it in a weird way and in public, it's just gross."

Eddie nods before concentrating on the movie, and after almost two good hours the movie ends, the TV screen goes black. Eddie sits up, I move closer to him, waiting for his verdict.

"It was good. The end is good even if the character of Sandy disappoints me, she is too naive... I prefer the Sandy of the beginning rather than the one of the end with her leather pants.

- It's true that this movie gives a bad image of women." I say.

I put my eyes on Eddie, analyzing him.