65.

The next day when the sun came up I went straight to see Eddie in the barn, leaving everyone else to sleep. Nancy was putting us up at her house until this all passed. I got changed into a white tank top and green cargo pants with a low waist. I took my father's gun, the one I shot him with, and put it between my hip and the pants. I put on my sneakers and walked out of Nancy's. I left a note on a table in the middle of the basement telling them I was leaving.

Although I think Max noticed. She didn't sleep all night and I saw her scribbling on a sheet of paper all night. I get in my dad's car, and start the engine. I start driving towards the forest where the barn was. I then park near a convenience store, telling myself I was going to walk because if I parked right in front of the barn, it would arouse suspicion. I get out of the car and enter the forest starting to walk for a good fifteen minutes, keeping my hand on the gun just in case.

I arrive in front of the barn, I go through the main entrance, knocking.

"Eddie? It's Cassie. I say, sticking my ear against the door waiting for an answer.

- Prove it." I hear her voice.

I frown before I start looking for a way to prove to him that it's really me. I then take a deep, deep breath and speak.

"Back in black, I hit the sack, I've been too long, I'm glad to be back..." I sing.

But no sign of Eddie's life. Rather normal at the same time, everybody knows that he listens to this kind of music, I understand that I have to say something about myself. So I clear my throat.

"Put your head on my shoulder, hold me in your arms, baby..." I sing again.

I felt like I was giving Eddie a private concert, but I had to do my best to get him to let me in.

"But now, there's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my..." I continued to sing some Grease music, but Eddie cut me off as he opened the door.

I jump, backing away slightly clearing my throat. I find myself facing him. He looked tired.

"Sorry. We have to take precautions. He said.

- It's okay. I understand."

I enter then. Eddie closes the door behind him. I then sit down on the boat before Eddie speaks up as he walks over to me.

"Why are you here?

- To make sure you're okay and to give you an update on what's going on outside.

- Are you worried about me?" He said suddenly.

I look up at him, realizing what I had just said. I then speak up.

"Well... Dustin is worried and he asked me to come see you." I say.

Obviously that's not true. Nobody asked me to come see him, I'm doing it of my own free will because it's true that I'm afraid Eddie will get caught. Eddie looks a little disappointed to know that I didn't come to reassure myself.

"Is there anything new?

- Yes. Fred got caught too. He died yesterday morning, Nancy joined us and she went to the library to get some information about a guy named Victor Creel. Someone who was victimized by Vecna and survived, they are looking for a plan to go talk to him. And..."

I pause for a long moment, not knowing how to explain that Max was most likely going to die too. I put my head down, twiddling my fingers.

"And?" Eddie asks.

I sigh, look up at Eddie and finally decide to confess to him.

"Max has also started hallucinating and if his calculations are right, she dies today. But we'll do our best not to let that happen." I say.