33

I was at the video store talking to Robin while she was sorting out the video tapes. I had just arrived.

"Robin, you'll never guess what happened like two hours ago!

- What happened?" Robin asks.

I then smile before stepping closer to Robin and speaking up.

"We kissed.

- What? Who and who?"

I sigh and roll my eyes then reply to my friend.

"Make an effort Robin, Eddie and I! We made out!

- You what?!"

Robin automatically turned around, eyes wide, mouth agape, I then speak up with a smile on my lips.

"Yes! I told him how I felt and he kissed me."

Robin stifles a laugh before rolling her eyes and starting to speak.

"And just a week ago you were saying 'What? There's nothing going on with Eddie and I, we're just friends, he said so...' you're such an idiot Cassie."

I stifle a laugh before sighing and answering Robin.

"Yeah ok, I said that, but I was lying to myself, I was saying that because I didn't want to admit it to myself." I say.

Robin starts laughing most likely laughing at me. She puts several tapes on a shelf before speaking up.

"So you guys are together?

- I think so." I say with a smile.

I lean back against one of the pieces of furniture before crossing my arms against my chest as I think about Eddie again, I bite my lip softly then start to smile stupidly. I feel Robin's gaze land on me.

"Oh, you're so in love with him.

- In love with him? That's still a big word. We like each other, we'll see how it goes.

- If he makes you happy, then that's the main one, and then I'm happy for you too."

I smile at her before thanking her, she walks over to another shelf before starting to fill another cabinet, she speaks up.

"Does Steve know?

- No, I already know what his reaction will be.

- Right! "Damn it Cassie I told you not to do anything stupid, we'll have to pick you up with a spoon."

I start laughing, running my hands over my belly trying to control my giggling as Robin snickers.

"No but really, 'scooping with a spoon' what kind of old man expression is that?"

Robin shrugs before continuing to refill the stock, the video store door opens, I turn around before I see Steve arrive.

"You're late. Remarked Robin.

- Yeah I know, the history teacher has been keeping me for quite a while." He apologizes.

He goes straight to the locker room to put on his uniform for work. He comes back five minutes later before helping Robin to fill the stock.

"You two are so lucky to be working together.

- Why don't you join us? You get a job interview with Keith and that's it. Suggests Steve.

- Your boss is freaking out." I said, stifling a laugh.

Robin smiles softly before Steve turns to me.

"You look a little too cheerful for my taste... What's going on? Steve said.

- Nothing, what are you talking about?" I frown.

Steve tilts his head to the side, squinting before continuing.

"You keep smiling stupidly. Did you win the lottery or something?"

Robin picks up a case full of tapes before speaking up.

"Some lotto guy named Eddie Munson."

I grumble softly, having preferred Robin to keep quiet about this. Steve frowns for a few seconds, not understanding right away before raising his eyebrows, widening his eyes.

"What?! Eddie Munson? Seriously Cassie?!" Steve said.

I walk up to him, rolling my eyes, then sigh.

"What? You're not happy for me? I say.

- Yes, of course I'm happy for you! But it goes too fast between him and you...

- So what ? I'm happy and I feel good when I'm with him, time doesn't matter much when you fall on the right person."

Steve shrugs with a sigh before speaking up.

"I guess so... Just be careful Cassie." Said Steve.

I smile at him before nodding, Steve immediately goes back to helping Robin.