20

I looked closely at his arms, especially his tattoos. I then gently took Eddie's arm before speaking.

"Are those birds? I ask, pointing to one of his tattoos.

- Bats." He replies with a laugh.

I analyze the other two tattoos on that arm, sliding my finger down his arm. I discreetly look up at Eddie before meeting his eyes.

I never noticed how dark his eyes are, they are scary and cute at the same time, a devil in angel's clothing, or maybe an angel in demon's clothing.

I felt like my touch was throwing him off, but I couldn't be sure. I stopped on one of his tattoos.

"I like that one." I said.

It was Roman numerals, it was really beautiful.

"What does that mean?

- It's my mom's and dad's birthdate in Roman numerals.

- Were they born on the same day?

- No, but if you swap out the 8 and 9, it gives my dad's."

I smile, gently caressing his tattoo, I finally speak up, looking up at Eddie.

"Do you have any memories of them?

- Very little." He says with a sad smile.

I could feel that the subject was bothering him a bit, in order to lighten the mood, I offer him a smile, the most radiant one I can muster.

"Do you have any more?

- Yes, I have a small one on my shoulder and another one on my chest."

Eddie quickly shows me his tattoo on his shoulder, it was a rose, rather simple and unobtrusive.

"I'd like to get a tattoo too..."

I quickly point to my wrist before pointing to a spot.

"But I don't know what to do..."

Eddie frowns before placing his hand on my wrist and starting to think.

"A date or a symbol?" He offers.

I shrug, telling myself that I'm still young anyway and have plenty of time to think about it.

"You know... I think I've actually never really noticed you before. I say.

- What do you mean by that?

- I never saw you at school, I thought you didn't exist. I don't even think I saw you at the snow ball."

Eddie laughs softly before letting go of my wrist, he thinks for a few short seconds.

"I was there though... And I remember seeing you there very well... You went with Billy Hargrove, and you had a beautiful lilac colored dress, you had your hair curled, you looked really gorgeous."

I smile softly before squinting and tilting my head to the side.

"How do you remember that?

- I'm very observant." He says.

I laugh as I notice he kept bringing up the same excuse, I slip my hand in front of my mouth. Immediately Eddie frowns.

He puts his hand on mine, lowering it gently, I immediately stop smiling.

"Why do you always put your hand in front of your face when you smile or laugh?

- Um, I don't know... I think it's because one time in middle school Tina made a comment about my teeth because I have sort of canines, she said it was weird and ever since I think I've been doing that."

Eddie frowns before slowly smiling, he speaks up with a reassuring look.

"I like your smile."

I smile softly, flattered by the compliment before the brunette looks out the window.

"It's already dark, do you want to go for a walk? There's a lake a few meters from here.

- Mhm, why not."

I get up from the couch followed by Eddie, I put on my jacket then we walk out of the mobile home, I start to follow Eddie as he walked towards the lake. It was pretty cold, there was no wind though.

"Normally, if I would have gone out alone at this hour I would have been followed already.

- Really? So how do you get home from work?

- It used to be Liam who would drop me off at my house, but now it's Steve." I answer with a smile.

Eddie smiles back at me, after five minutes we had arrived at some kind of clearing, we keep walking before we see a big lake with big cliffs around. There were pine trees everywhere.

It was pretty, especially with the full moon reflecting on the water of the lake. We sat down on the ground, in front of the lake.

"Do you come here often? I said, looking at him.

- Yes quite often." He answers.

I turn towards the lake before joining my legs to my chest, I immediately speak up.

"I wonder how many girls you brought here."

Eddie stifles a chuckle before turning his gaze on me, I then turn to it, inking my eyes in his.

"Actually, you're the first person I've brought here."

I was somewhat surprised to be the first person he brings here, I had thought he would have brought others before me. I then smiled shyly before turning to the moon and speaking.

"It's really beautiful... Don't you think? I ask.

- Yes, it's beautiful."

I then turn to Eddie before noticing that he was already looking at me, I frown softly before starting to laugh. Eddie immediately comes to his senses then sets his eyes on the lake.

We continue to talk for a good twenty minutes before getting up and walking back. We enter the mobile home. I gather my things before turning to Eddie.

"I'm going to go home, it's getting late.

- Can I drop you off?

- Are you sure? I can walk you know.

- And risk something happening to you? No, plus you live far away from here."

I smile softly before Eddie grabs his car keys, we walk out of the mobile home. Eddie invites me to get into the van. He gets in, starts the engine and begins to drive to my house. The drive was silent, I was looking out the window at the landscape.

Then after a good fifteen minutes, we arrived. I turned to Eddie.

"Thank you very much.

- You're welcome, I had a great time tonight..." He replies.

I had the impression that he wanted to continue his sentence, but something blocked him. He finally speaks, stuttering.

"As... As friends."

I smiled softly before looking down, playing nervously with my finger. A strange feeling had gone through my body and mind, a twinge of sadness. Because deep down, I wished this was more than just a date with friends.

I looked up at Eddie before speaking.

"See you Monday Eddie.

- See you Monday Cassie." He replies with a smile.

I get out of the van before heading home, closing the door behind me and leaning against it, reminiscing about the evening I had just spent. I instinctively start to smile before biting my lip.

I sigh and go straight to my room to do my homework for next Monday.