68.

Nancy had asked me to go buy food for Eddie because he called early this morning to ask us to do so because the cupboards were getting bare. So I did, I volunteered because I wanted to see Eddie. I want to know he's near me, I also want to feel reassured. So I parked near the house on my way out with two bags of food and other useful stuff, I guess. I walk towards the door before ringing the bell waiting for a few seconds.

I see his figure arrive before opening it. I then smile softly as I hold up the bags. Eddie smiles shyly at me before letting me in.

"Sorry, I was a little long. I say.

- It's okay. Are the others okay? he asks.

- Yeah, they're fine. They went to Victor Creel's house. You know the man I told you about? They're looking for a way to find Vecna." I said.

Eddie nods. I close the door behind me and walk over to the kitchen putting the bags down. Eddie then approaches me, resting his elbows on the counter. I don't really know what to say, a long silence ensues. What am I even supposed to say?

"You have something in your hair." Points out Eddie.

I frown before touching my hair trying to look for what might be there. I shake out a few strands before giving Eddie an approving look, as if to ask him if I still had something.

"No, it's hung up."

He straightens slightly, and moves his hand closer to my waist, I feel his index finger go between my pants. I feel his cold ring caressing my lower belly. A shiver runs through my body. I raise the eyes towards Eddie, plunging my glance in his. The dark-haired man pulls me closer to him with his finger. My heart beats fast and I could feel hundreds of butterflies hovering in my lower abdomen.

Eddie keeps his index finger stuck between my pants and my skin before putting his other hand on my hair and removing what was there.

"A dead leaf." He says.

He finally lets it fall to the ground. I immediately run my hand through my hair putting it back in place. I look down and see Eddie slowly remove his finger, unfortunately. I wish he would have kept touching me. To touch me like he has never touched anyone before. I look up at him.

There is a silence as an unnatural tension begins to build.

"I know it's weird to say this but I've been thinking about you and..."

Eddie immediately slides his hand into my hair trapping one of my strands behind my ear. He then inks his gaze into mine.

"And of that night." He finishes.

A burning sensation is felt in my lower belly. Eddie then brings his face close to mine seeing that I wasn't doing anything to stop it.

"Tell me you think about me as much as I think about you, tell me you want me as much as I want you." He whispers.

I immediately look down not being able to keep our eye contact anymore. He makes me so nervous. He immediately slides his fingers to my chin before lifting my face to his, meeting his eyes for the second time.

"Say it."

I squint my eyes as I tilt my head to the side counting on not letting myself get dominated like this.

"No, you say it." I whisper.

Eddie looks down at my lips, a sneer forming on it as he notices the young man starting to lose his shit.

"Stop doing that raspy sexy voice Cass... You're making me hard right now."

I stifle a laugh before removing his hand from my face. I rest my index finger on his chin lifting his gaze to mine. I bring my lips to his, brushing them. I could feel Eddie's hot breath caressing my cheeks.