40.

We had just entered my room, I had locked my door directly in case my father came home. I turn on my light.

"Sorry, it's not super tidy." I say as I take off my jacket.

Eddie is analyzing around, this was the third person I let into my house, but I felt like I could say anything and show Eddie, that he won't judge me and on the contrary, he will understand. He takes off his jacket, which I take before putting it on my desk chair.

"This is nice. More tidy than mine anyway." He says.

I laugh before taking off my shoes and sitting on my bed, I see Eddie walk over to my synthesizer that was sitting on my dresser. He strokes the keys with his fingertips before speaking up.

"I forgot you play the piano...

- Really?" I say, taking offense.

Eddie stifles a laugh before looking up to a shelf just above where my jewelry box with some family photos was. I then get up leaving to join Eddie. He points to one of the pictures.

"Is this you and your mom?" He asks.

It was a picture of me when I was little with my mom, I was holding a trophy for a piano competition, I remember my dad taking this picture. I smile softly before answering Eddie.

"Yes, that's her.

- You two look a lot alike. You have the same smile." He said with a laugh.

I look up at Eddie watching him observe the pictures. He stops in front of a picture of Billy with his car. I can't help but laugh as I look at this picture, remembering the story behind the shot.

"Why does Billy look so annoyed? Eddie asks.

- We wanted to go for a ride in the woods but he got his car stuck in a swamp." I say.

Eddie starts to laugh. I remember Billy kept hitting the body of his car while I was taking pictures. They were good memories. At the top was a picture of me, Robin and Steve riding the Ferris wheel at a carnival a few years ago. Robin had dropped her ice cream from above.

I go back to sit on my bed before Eddie joins me. He takes off his shoes and leans against the headboard of my bed, I rest my head on Eddie's shoulder.

I watch his hands for a few seconds before I grab one of them in mine and start playing with his rings.

"I like this one," I say, pointing to a skull ring.

I feel Eddie stifle a laugh before resting his head against mine. I continue to observe his rings before I look up at him, meeting his gaze.

"My beautiful, beautiful Cassie."

I frown somewhat surprised before smiling as I move my gaze down to his lips bringing them up to his eyes in the next second.

"You drive me crazy."

I tilt my head to the side before placing my hand on his shirt and moving it up to a silver chain he was wearing. I wrap it around my index finger before speaking up.

"Shut up and kiss me."

I pull Eddie towards me with the chain before making his lips meet mine. I feel his hand slide over my waist pulling me back to him a little more. I smile against his lips before ending our kiss. I look Eddie in the eye before he speaks up.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me..."

I smile softly. He was also the best thing that has happened to me since everything started to get out of hand. I quickly rest my lips on his before resting my head on his shoulder. We continue to talk for a few more hours.

After an hour or two, I walked Eddie to the exit, he looked back at me one last time. I smile as I put my hand on my door.

"Get home safe." I said.

Eddie smiles before walking closer, he slides his hand over my neck. I feel the coldness of his rings caressing my skin. His lips rest on mine. He steps back, turns his back to me and walks away. I watch him start his van and leave. I close my door and go to my room. I sit down on my bed.

I lean over to my bedside table before opening the drawer and picking up Billy's letter, I turn it over before I see a note that was marked at the very bottom of the page in small. I frown before pulling my face closer to the paper to better see what was marked in black ink.

Look in my motorcycle helmet

I frown. What does that mean? Why did he want me to look in his motorcycle helmet? I don't even know where it is... Maybe Billy's family gave away or sold his stuff? I wonder what's in his helmet, maybe another letter revealing even more wacky things that won't make me sleep for days?

I roll my eyes and sigh before folding the letter. I clean up the house before my dad arrives and then head off to shower and bed, still wondering why Billy was making me go on a treasure hunt.

I decide not to ask myself any more questions, close my eyes and wait for the fatigue to take me away.