57.

It was the final, the principal had taken the floor, speaking into the microphone. Tammy Thompson was going to sing the national anthem to open the basketball game. I automatically turned my head to Robin and Steve when I saw Tammy come into the gym to a thunderous applause, I met the eyes of my two friends. Robin looked amazed, a smile on her face. She was standing next to that girl who does marching band with her, Vickie. She likes her.

Tammy Thompson starts to sing, the microphone starts to whistle. And to say she sings well would be a lie. It's carnage, someone please unplug that mic. I hold back my laughter before looking at Steve who looked shocked and horrified. Robin looked confused, very confused. Steve meets my eyes, I whisper a few words so that he reads my lips.

"Who told her she sang well?

- I have no idea but this person is a very good liar." Steve answers me.

I start to laugh and turn around, but I stop immediately, noticing that people around had heard.

"Sorry." I whisper.

Chrissy looks at me with a smile before Tammy Thompson stops singing. The game begins.

———

The game had just ended, and we had won. Lucas had come off the bench and scored at the last moment, causing a wave of applause throughout the gym. The spectators started jumping, screaming, hugging, celebrating the victory. I smile before turning to Chrissy and hugging her.

"We won!" She says.

I smile against her shoulder before breaking away from her embrace. I see Steve walking down the stairs with a girl, a blonde. Heidi I think? No, I don't know. There are too many girls anyway. I then turn to Robin who was already looking at me, she smiles at me, I show her my thumbs up. We continue to celebrate the victory before I go to join Robin.

"Steve is with his girl? I ask.

- Yeah. She's pretty." Said Robin as she looked at Steve and the girl.

I shrug, thinking she's cute but still telling myself that Steve deserves better. We walk out of the gym before we get outside, I see Robin start to look around looking for her mom I think. There is a sound of a door a few feet behind me, I turn around before I see Dustin, Mike, Erica, Eddie and his other friends. From the way they look happy, I think they've won, I'm going to go congratulate them.

I would just have to ignore Eddie, nothing easier, I think. Robin suddenly starts talking, I turn to her and see her pointing at a car.

"That's my mom, do you want a ride?

- Oh no, don't worry I'll manage.

- Are you sure?" Robin asks me.

I nod positively, my friend smiles at me and leaves waving, I smile back at her before joining Dustin, Mike and the others.

"So, that D&D game?" I say.

They turn to me, Erica smiles at me. I liked this girl, she has a lot of repartee and doesn't let it get to her.

"We won! Dustin said.

- Yeah, only because of me you suckers." Erica said.

I start to laugh before looking up, I immediately meet Eddie's eyes, he was already looking at me. I immediately look down in embarrassment before Mike speaks up.

"What about the basketball game?

- We won." I say with a smile.

The two friends smile at me, looking proud of Lucas even though he had abandoned them anyway. But true friends should always be proud of each other's accomplishments.

"How are you getting home?"

I look up at the voice that had just spoken before meeting Eddie's eyes again. He continues in his speech.

"Can I give you a ride if you want, Cassie?"

He has to stop saying my name. It makes me nervous. I feel like I'm going back into his arms every time he talks to me.

"Well I was planning on walking home. I say.

- On foot? No, alone in the middle of the night is out of the question. Eddie's dropping you off." Dustin said, taking my hand.

I frown. Where did this protective side of Dustin come from? Steve has infected him. I find myself standing next to Eddie, they all leave leaving me alone with the brown guy, I hate them.

"See you tomorrow Cassie!" Mike said.

I roll my eyes before Eddie pulls his keys out of his pocket pointing them at the sidewalk in front of the school, he speaks up.

"I'm parked over there." He says.

I nod, letting him know I was following him. If I see Dustin and Mike tomorrow, they're in for a rough time. I get in the van.

author's note
hiii:) i hope you liked this chapter

i wanted to warn you guys, im going on vacation today so i wont be posting every single day for 2 weeks but i'll try to update like every two days:)

byee xoxo