13

I had just woken up, I was sitting against my door, on the floor. The house was quiet, I got up slowly before discreetly opening the door, I walked out of my room, heading to the living room before seeing my father asleep on the armchair.

I immediately go back to my room before grabbing my phone, I immediately call Steve.

"Hello?

- Steve?

- Cassie? Why are you calling me so early?" He asks.

I slowly bite my nail, hesitating to tell him everything, before finally speaking up.

"Could you pick me up?

- What's going on? Did your dad throw you out?

- No, we had a fight yesterday, I don't want to stay here Steve, I'm feeling sick to my stomach right now...

- Stay locked in your room, I'll get dressed and come over."

Immediately Steve hangs up, I get up then before changing, I put on a sweater with leggings before putting on sneakers. I put my hair in a simple ponytail.

After a good ten minutes, I hear the engine of Steve's car. I then discreetly leave my room before going out of my house. I walk towards Steve's car and get in.

"Are you okay? Why are you dressed like that? It's super hot.

- I have bruises everywhere." I say as I strap myself in.

Steve frowns before analyzing me, starts the car and drives off.

"What the hell happened?

- I don't know... He suddenly started talking about my mom and Billy and it got out of hand." I say.

Steve looks at me sadly before speaking up.

"My parents already told you that you can come to our house whenever you want and for as long as you want.

- Thanks but I'll be fine... I'll just try to avoid him." I smile at Steve.

We arrive in front of the video store where Steve was working, I see Robin who was already inside, I leave then before entering with Steve, my friend leaves in the changing rooms to change. I find myself alone with Robin.

"Are you ok?

- Yeah, how about you? I ask in return.

- Mhm..."

I smile softly at her before Robin takes a deep breath and starts talking.

"Cassie, I need to know, is Liam forcing you to get back together with him?"

I frown before stifling a laugh, I immediately fight back.

"What? Of course not...

- Cassie, tell me the truth."

I immediately stop in my tracks before looking down not knowing what to say, Robin retorts.

"I saw it, and so did Steve. But he's not sure yet, but now that you've confirmed it, we're sure.

- Look Robin, I don't want to drag you into this, I'll figure it out quickly, I promise."

Robin was about to retort but I stopped her, assuring her that everything would be fine. Steve then returns, we start talking for a few minutes until a customer comes in.