83.

"Goddamn it! He's so dumb! What a jerk." I yell.

I look around, my hands running through my hair trying to find a way to stop Eddie, because he had clearly just signed his death warrant. And if he makes it out of there alive, I'll kill him with my own hands.

"What do we do ?! I ask.

- Uh... I don't know!" Dustin shouts.

He looks around and stops at a chair in the corner of the room, picks it up and puts it under the gate. He moves away as if he was starting to gain momentum. But I put my hand on his chest, stopping him.

"No wait! You can get hurt, there's no matress down there.

- So what's your idea then Cassie?!

- I'll go first. And I'll put the matress so you can go.

- You can get hurt too!

- Don't worry about it! I'll work it out." I say.

Dustin then pushes off, I gain momentum, start running towards the chair before jumping on it and grabbing the end of the gate. I then let myself fall before landing on my two legs, one hand on the ground. I raise my head, breathing hard.

"That was close."

I straighten up and pick up the mattress before putting it back in its place, I look up at the gate before seeing Dustin, I then motion for him to go, he steps back, gaining momentum, running then jumping on the chair, going over to the other side. He lands on the mattress.

"Are you okay? Nothing broken?

- No, I'm fine. Let's go, let's make it quick." He said.

I help him up and we get out of the mobile home, we start walking briskly before we see Eddie lying in the distance, with hundreds and hundreds of bats scattered around him, they look dead. I frown, standing still.

"Eddie!" Dustin yells.

He starts to run towards him, I then follow him as he walks. Dustin kneels down in front of him, I watch them from a distance, I could hear Dustin talking to Eddie, and Eddie answering him in a weak voice. It doesn't take me long to realize that Eddie had no chance of survival. Dustin bows his head and begins to sob, then turns to me, meeting my worried gaze. He then steps back, and I immediately see Eddie's almost lifeless body, his eyes meet mine. My heart stops beating for a few moments.

I move forward hesitantly before kneeling down next to Eddie, I put my hand behind his head and speak.

"Eddie?

- Hi..." He says with a smile.

I widen my eyes slowly, before I feel a tear bead down my cheek and end up on my pants.

"Hey..." I say smiling back at him.

I lay his head on my lap continuing to look at him, several tears start to fall, and I don't try to stop them.

"Hey, don't cry love..." He says wiping my tears off.

My stomach clenched, I could feel my hands shaking and my heart racing. Of all the scenarios I could think of before coming here, this was not one of them. Far from it.

"Sorry..." I answer.

Eddie then smiles at me, and seeing his smile I don't know if I'm supposed to smile back or continue to cry miserably.

"Is this... the end ?" I ask in a trembling voice.

I sniffle softly, Eddie frowns. He then places his hand on my cheek.

"The end? No... I promise.

- You're lying..." I answer.

Eddie's face breaks down, so I continue to cry.

"You said you will never leave me again. That's what you promised..." I say.

Eddie runs his hand through my hair and tucks my lock behind my ear. My tears continue to flow, moistening my clothes as well as my face.

"Remember ? You said that after all of this you'd take me in that Thai restaurant...

- I'm sorry Cassie."

I look into his dark eyes. I can't imagine being without Eddie, I had planned to run away with him, and now everything is changing. Why does everyone I love have to leave?

"No Eddie... Please, don't leave me... I love you."

I see a tear beading down Eddie's cheek, I just want someone to wake me up from this nightmare, to tell me none of this is real.

"I love you too Cassie. I always did."

I don't know what to say to him except that I love him, more than anything. Because it's the truth, I've never loved anyone as much as I've loved Eddie. He's the only one who put a smile on my face when I was at my lowest point in life.

"You're so beautiful. He says.

- That's because I'm so in love." I say smiling.

I put my hand on his face, caressing his cheek with my fingertip. I understand that nothing will make him survive, and that there is no point in fighting, I might as well enjoy this last moment with him.

"I'm so glad I sold you drugs that night." He says.

I can't help but smile as I think back to the first time we spoke, after Liam left me. And I'm also thankful that Liam did this, because without him, I never would have met Eddie. But I know that even if Liam had never done it, Eddie and I would still have found each other, because we were made for each other. It was fate.

It was fate until Eddie let out his last breath, his eyes still dipping into mine, but this time his gaze was lifeless, Eddie's hapiness is gone. I run my fingers over his eyes, closing them. And I start to cry like I've never cried before, hearing Dustin's sobs behind me. I close my eyes and lower my head, resting it on Eddie's chest, still hoping to hear a few heartbeats, but nothing. Not a single vibration. Only a peaceful, deep silence.