66.

I had just come out of the barn leaving Eddie still alone. I immediately put my hand on the gun near my waist just in case. I just hope I don't run into anyone. I walk on and on for 15 minutes before arriving in front of the convenience store where my father's car was parked. I immediately see a rather familiar car, Jason's, parked right next to mine... Shit.

They must be inside the convenience store, I should take the opportunity to quickly get back to my car and leave before being noticed. I walk slowly towards it then suddenly see the door of the convenience store open, I immediately notice Jason, Liam and two other of their friends. Holy shit. I stop and see them approaching their car, then I suddenly meet Liam's eyes. I widen my eyes and take a few steps back.

Liam elbows Jason before nodding to me. What a jerk this guy is, seriously. Jason then meets my eyes as well as his other friends. They then start to slowly walk towards me.

"Cassie! What a surprise." Jason says, raising his voice so I can hear him.

I slide my hands into my pants pockets, keeping my gun within reach. I tilt my head to the side staring at each of them.

"Jason... Liam." I say, looking only at the two friends.

Jason shoves his hands into his jacket pockets. I'm starting to get the creeps in my stomach wondering what they were going to do to me. Lucas told me very clearly that they were looking for me and Dustin.

"What are you doing out here, early in the morning in a forest?" Jason asked.

I don't answer, not wanting to raise suspicion. So I remain silent seeing that Jason and his friends are starting to get impatient. I see Liam sigh loudly before he speaks up.

"Have you seen Sinclair?" He asks.

I then look at Liam dipping my gaze into his. Lucas escaped last night, leaving Jason and the others behind to join us. And I couldn't turn him in and put him in danger. So I keep quiet and make an excuse.

"No, I haven't seen him."

I'm lying, obviously. Lucas is at Nancy's with the others. But I wasn't going to rat out my friend. That was out of the question. Then I see Jason waving to his friend Patrick to go back to the car. The fuzzy guy nods and turns his back on us and heads for the car. The others look at me menacingly and I immediately realize what Patrick is going to look for in the car. My heart starts to race and I have only one way out: to run away.

Immediately, I begin to run in the opposite direction towards the forest, I enter a second time in this one beginning to run as fast as I could. I turn my face for a few seconds seeing Liam, Andy and Jason running behind me. I try not to go towards the big one where Eddie is hiding so as not to give him up. I hear a thud followed by a scream of distress, I turn around and see Andy on the ground after tripping over a branch.

I'm getting tired, my heart is beating fast, my breathing is labored and I don't think I'll last long. I feel that Liam and Jason are close, I suddenly stop and turn around, Jason is running towards me, I immediately pull out my gun, wait until he is close and then raise the gun before hitting Jason on the nose with the handle, the blond guy screams in pain as he grabs his nose and steps back. Liam stops right behind him. I watch as Jason steps back and sees blood running down his hand and lips.

"I didn't fucking know you were capable of that Jones." Jason says, smiling softly.

I look over at Liam who had started to back up and run away into the forest.

"You should have asked why your buddy ended up in a wheelchair." I say, stifling a laugh.

Jason looks at his friend who had desperately left him alone to go deep into the forest.

"I understand now. It's too bad Cassie. I liked you." He says.

I see him wipe his nose with his sleeve and walk over to me, I squint as I tilt my head to the side. Jason looks threatening and I understand that he doesn't seem to want to end it. I sigh with an annoyed look on my face and put my gun down. Jason comes dangerously close to me, about to hit me, but I stop his fist with my hand and knees him in the stomach, making him back off slightly.

I move back quickly and feel immediately muscular arms around my waist and throw me to the ground. I roll a few dozen meters before finding myself on my back, lying on the ground with Liam on top of me, my gun in his hand pointing at me. I look into his eyes and raise my hands in the air.

"Did you think I was going to let you get away with that after everything you did to me? He said.

- Everything I did to you? Oh honey, please. Face it, you're just a little prick who-

- Shut your mouth or I swear I'll put a bullet between your eyes." He said, cutting me off.

A smile forms on my lips as I see Liam point the gun at me. I then start to laugh under the gaze of the young man looking completely confused. I then lower one of my hands by plunging it in the pocket of my cargo and to take out the magazine of the gun. Liam widens his eyes while looking at the magazine. I then speak between a few laughs.

"You are so naive and pathetic."

I finally switch our positions as I take the gun back. I immediately find myself standing over Liam. I load the gun and point it at him. I turn my face to Jason who was watching the scene.

"You don't move or I swear I'll blow his brains out." I say.

Jason stifles a laugh as he holds his bloody nose. He raises his eyebrows as he speaks.

"You won't.

- Please man don't move a muscle! Please she's crazy she'll kill me." Said Liam with a lump in his throat.

Jason then looks at me still unconvinced but as he was about to speak I raise the gun in the air and shoot showing them that I would not hesitate to do so. The thud resounds in the forest. The two friends startled, I point the gun a second time at Liam before speaking.

"I don't know where Eddie is. And neither of us do. So stop stalking us." I say.

I then stand up keeping the gun pointed at Liam, I then continue in my speech.

"And even if I knew where he was. I wouldn't tell you." I say.

I then back away keeping the gun pointed at them, starting to back away, then once far enough away from them. I turn my back on them and run to my car, get in, start the engine and drive away.