59.

My alarm clock starts to ring violently, I turn it off before seeing that it was seven o'clock. I get up and go to my bathroom to get ready, I take a shower and get dressed quickly before brushing my teeth and hair. I decide to tie it up like yesterday in a clip. Steve said it looks good on me and clears my face, so maybe he is telling the truth and I should tie my hair up more often.

I take a different clip than yesterday, because it reminds me of Eddie and the fact that I almost slept with him, then tie my hair with another one. I get out of the bathroom, it's already eight o'clock. I walk into the living room before I see my father watching TV. He is sober, at least for the moment.

"Shouldn't you go to work? I say, taking an apple.

- I don't think that's a very good idea." He says.

I frown before turning to him, leaning against the table. He points to the TV with his fingertip, it was the news. I then look at the headline on the front page. "High school girl killed in Hawkins mobile home, killer still on the loose." I frown before looking closely at the TV, the body was not properly visible, a reporter was standing right in front of the mobile home.

And this mobile home was strangely familiar to me. I widen my eyes, my heart starts to beat faster and faster. I put the apple on the table with a trembling hand before stuttering and speaking.

"I have to go."

I grab my leather jacket before I hear my father protest.

"Wait what?! Didn't you hear me or what, you little idiot! There's a killer on the loose in the city."

But I ignore him and walk out of my house, slamming the door behind me. I don't bother to take my bike, time is running out. I then start to run to the videoclub to find Steve and Robin. And after a good ten minutes running, I arrive at the videoclub before entering, I see immediately Robin and Steve watching the news channel. They turn to me, looking shocked.

"Holy shit Cassie did you see the news?! Asks Steve.

- Yeah... It's..." I try to catch my breath.

I put my hand over my heart. I've never run so much in my entire life. Robin walks over to me, placing her hand on my back. I then catch my breath and speak up.

"This is Eddie's house..." I say.

Steve and Robin look at me with shocked eyes. I then go behind the counter with Robin but as I was about to speak, someone entered the video store. I turn around and see Dustin and Maxine. What are they doing there?

"Hey Steve! Dustin says as he walks up to the counter.

- You see this ? asks Steve, still in shock.

- How many phones do you have ? asks Dustin.

- Someone was murdered. Steve replies, trying to make Dustin understand what was going on.

- How many phones do you have?!" Dustin asks ignoring Steve's words.

I frown wondering why they would need phones. I then step forward leaning over the counter.

"What do you need phones for?" I say.

Steve and Robin reply that they have three, including Keith's, their boss. Max then turns to Dustin telling him that three phones would work. I frown before seeing Dustin take off his bag.

"What is he up to? I say confused.

- I don't know... Hey what are you doing?" Steve asks.

Dustin suddenly puts his bag on the counter making it slide off. I step back watching the bag fall to the ground.

"Yo wow! What are you doing?" asks Steve.

- My pile!" Robin grumbled.

I stifle a laugh before seeing Dustin jump over the counter. The young man immediately drops some tapes with his foot before walking towards the computer.

"No! No! No! My tapes! Dude..."

Steve then bends down to collect the tapes. I help him, we put them back on the counter. He then thanks me before throwing a dig at Dustin.

"Finally someone respectful!" Steve said as he turned to Dustin.

Dustin then explains that he is setting up his 'base of operations' here at the videoclub.

"What base of operations?!" Robin and I ask in chorus.

Dustin then turns violently towards us, points his finger at me and speaks up.

"Hey! Do you want to prove your boyfriend's innocence or what?! Because now the murder took place at his place! So he's got to be the number one suspect.

- He's not my boyfriend anymore! I say.

- He's got a point. The body was at Eddie's house." Max said.

I understood that. I saw it on TV, but it doesn't explain the phone story. Dustin then starts to explain that he needs to look up the phone numbers of Eddie's friends, Gareth, Bako and all the rest...

"Seriously guys... Maybe on a Monday you can play around but it's Saturday! It's our busiest day! Robin complains.

- Alright look. I totally empathize but this cannot wait until Monday.

- Because calling Eddie's friends is an emergency?!" Robin asks.

Everyone's talking at once, it's giving me a headache. They're talking about calling Eddie's friends while I'm standing there. Literally here. I'm Eddie's ex-girlfriend and I think I'm one of the people who knows him best.

"Can you fill them in while I do this? Dustin asks Max.

- Fill us in on what?!" We ask.

Max then turns to us, giving us a long look before finally explaining.

———

Max had just explained everything to us. Chrissy had gone to Eddie's house last night, so maybe that's why he was in such a hurry in the van. She also told us that her lights started to flicker. Just like before. With the upside down. So Chrissy had lost her life. She was dead. Dead. She was gone and the news is hard to get over.

I pass my fingernail between my lips feeling at once the glances posed on me. Chrissy was a very good friend of mine. I've known her since middle school and to know she's dead hurts. It hurts a lot.

"I'll be right back." I say.

I then head outside before lean against the window of the video store. That creature was back. And it killed Chrissy. And Eddie ran away. It all makes sense because Eddie would never hurt a fly, he would never hurt Chrissy, ever. Plus he told me that she was his type, so why would he hurt her?

I run my hand through my hair before closing my eyes. The whole thing gives me a headache. I don't even know what to make of it, but I do know one thing. Eddie didn't do anything. He's innocent, but no one will ever believe that there's a parallel world exactly like ours and that there are creatures hiding there. No one will believe that. I immediately see the door of the video store open on Robin.

"We may know where Eddie is!" Robin said.

I then widen my eyes before I see the others start to come out. I then get up and we head off in the direction of Steve's car before getting in.