21

It was Monday at noon, I was in the cafeteria eating with Robin and Steve. I couldn't eat, not that I wasn't hungry, but I was really out of it.

"You've been standing there looking at your apple for 10 minutes, are you going to eat or not? Robin asked.

- Yeah, yeah I'm going to eat." I say as I pick up my fork.

Robin starts puffing loudly before my friend Steve speaks up.

"She's probably thinking about her Friday night party with Eddie."

Robin immediately turns to me, eyes wide.

"What?! But, you didn't tell me!" She says.

I grumble softly before grabbing a crumb of my bread and throwing it at Steve, the latter protecting himself with his arms.

"Shut up idiot, I'm not thinking about that at all." I defend myself.

Of course I was thinking about that.

"But, is there something going on between you?

- No..." I say somewhat hesitantly.

Steve stifles a laugh before speaking up.

"It was a no that also meant yes.

- It was a no that meant no Harrington."

Steve rolls his eyes before standing up and grabbing his tray.

"I have to go, Dustin gave me a meeting below the bleachers, see you."

I wave at him, Robin does the same with a smile, I then start eating. I immediately see Eddie sit down at the Hell Fire Club table. He puts down his tray. He was dressed in his club shirt with a denim jacket over it, he was also wearing a silver chain with his usual finger rings.

He also had a pair of black jeans with another silver chain hanging on them. I see him slowly take off his jacket revealing his arms. I had never noticed this before, but he had some veins on his arms and hands.

I immediately put my thumb over my lips before biting my cheek. Why am I suddenly paying attention to all these little details? And why did I feel this strange sensation in my lower stomach. I immediately put my thigh on the other one, trying to get rid of this sensation that had been unknown to me until now.

His tattoos, his arms, his hands, his smile, him. Why did everything about him suddenly seem so perfect. Then I hear Robin clearing her throat.

"Why are you looking at the Hell Fire table?"

I immediately come to my senses before Robin frowns and turns around before seeing Eddie, she immediately turns to me.

"Are you looking at Eddie Munson?! Oh my God Cassie! What the hell is wrong with you?

- Keep your voice down! I wasn't looking at him...I..."

I glance over to the table before I see Mike sitting next to Donny.

"I was looking at Mike...

- You have a crush on kids now... You really do think I'm an idiot... Tell me plainly if you have a crush on Munson.

- Except I don't have a crush on him..." I say.

Robin rolls her eyes, I discreetly rest my eyes on Eddie before meeting his gaze. Immediately he addresses his friends before rising, I see him at once advance towards us.

"Oh shit shit!

- What? What?!" Robin said.

I start to touch my hair, putting it back in place, before turning to Robin.

"My face, do I have something on my face?

- No you have... a face I guess?"

I roll my eyes before running my hands over my clothes, Eddie walks up in front of me, not sitting down.

"Hi Cassie, are you okay?

- Oh, hi Eddie... I'm great and you?

- I'm fine... I just wanted to know how much I owe you for the movie?"

I frown before speaking up.

"Don't bother, I'm paying for it with my money.

- No really, I feel bad about letting you pay for it."

I smile shyly before Eddie pulls a ten dollar bill out of his pocket, he promptly hands it to me.

"Keep the change.

- What? Eddie! No! Take it back!"

He winks at me before quickly leaving to return to his table, I quickly stand up.

"Eddie come back!"

But he ignores me and goes back to sit down. I then sigh before collapsing into my chair. I look down at the bill before tucking it away in my pocket.

"What a jerk..."

Robin starts to giggle before speaking up.

"And you dare to tell me you don't have a crush on him?

- Because I don't!

- Look me in the eye and tell me word for word, "I don't like Eddie Munson." Go ahead!" She says.

I immediately look up at her, hesitating for a few seconds. If I were lying and looking her in the eye, she'd know, so either way it's the same thing.

"I really don't know Robin..."

Robin smiled immediately before gently banging her table and speaking up looking happy.

"I knew it! I knew it! I'm too good."

I sighed loudly before looking down, thinking for a few short moments while Robin raved.

"He's really nice to me, he listens to me when I talk to him, I feel special with him... He was really sweet with me Friday night, and there was this connection between him and me... I wouldn't know how to explain it but it was special."

Robin starts to think while eating his pasta before finally answering me by swallowing his food.

"He probably does that with other girls...

- I don't know, it's super frustrating.

- Wait and see over time." She advises.

I nod before looking down at my tray, suddenly disgusted with my food, I immediately push my tray away.

"I'm not hungry anymore...

- Can I have your apple?

- Yeah take it, slacker."

Robin shows me her middle finger as she takes my apple, I laugh softly before waiting for her to finish eating.