28

I had just finished work and was standing in front of Eddie's mobile home. I pull out my mirror before looking to see if I looked like a digger. But no, everything looked good. I immediately put my mirror away before taking a long, deep breath.

I knock on the door, then wait for someone to come and open it for me. But it wasn't Eddie, he was a little older. He smiled immediately.

"Oh, hello. Is Eddie here? I asked.

- Good evening young lady, yes he is, he will be here soon."

I then smile before thanking the man, I guess he is Eddie's uncle.

"You must be Cassie, am I wrong?

- That's me." I smile.

The uncle smiles at me before introducing himself as well.

"I'm Wayne, Eddie's uncle.

- It's a pleasure to meet you sir."

He looked like Eddie, he had the same nose and eyes, he looked a lot like him even though he was only his uncle. Mr. Munson began to look me up and down, a smile on his face, obviously pleased to make my acquaintance.

"You were right Eddie, she is really pretty." Said Mister Wayne.

I immediately see Eddie coming up from behind, I stifle a laugh before my friend speaks up.

"Wayne!" Said Eddie motioning to his uncle to stop talking.

Eddie sets his eyes on me, he smiles at me before his uncle starts talking again.

"That's what you were telling me though... She looks just like her mother."

I frown before looking up at Mister Wayne and speaking up.

"You knew my mother? I ask.

- Obviously, she went to Hawkins High School with your father too. She was the queen of the school."

I then smile somewhat flattered. It felt good to know that people knew my mom and that she wasn't totally a ghost. And the fact that people saw her through me felt even better.

"Yeah well... Uhm... You should go now, you're going to be late for work." Eddie said, giving his uncle a friendly tap on the shoulder.

His uncle then nods before walking down the stairs of the mobile home, he turns to me one last time.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, hope to see you again.

- Goodbye Mr. Munson." I say with a smile.

I see Eddie's uncle get into a car and drive off, I immediately turn to Eddie and he takes my hand in his to help me up the stairs.

"Sorry about my uncle...

- No it's okay, he's nice." I say with a smile.

Eddie smiles back at me before closing the mobile home door, I look around once more before Eddie speaks up.

"Follow me, my room is this way." He says.

We then leave for his room, walking through a narrow hallway before we arrive. It was small but pretty, there were rock band posters all over the walls.

"This is really nice. I said.

- You say that like it's your first time in my room. He chuckles.

- The first time I went in there I was totally drunk so I don't remember." I defend myself.

I immediately see a guitar hanging on a wall, I guess it's Eddie's electric guitar, I then turn my gaze before I see something that catches my eye. There were handcuffs hanging on a wall I frowned before touching the handcuffs.