52.

Eddie's POV

Amber and I had just returned. I didn't talk to her the whole way home. But I needed to know one thing, why? Why did she do it? The only thing she managed to do was screw me over and ruin my relationship with Cassie. A friend would never do that to me. A friend would be happy for me that I'm in a relationship, but Amber ruined it. I messed it up.

"Why did you do this? I finally ask as I put the keys on the table.

- I don't know... I had an adrenaline rush."

She had said this with a shrug. Without an ounce of guilt or even regret. She was just indifferent and that pissed me off.

"Do you realize I just cheated on my girlfriend? I said, squinting my eyes.

- Yeah."

She remains silent as she looks at me before moving closer to me.

"What does she have that I don't, Eddie?

- Amber, that's enough."

I was about to turn to leave but Amber's voice stops me in my tracks.

"I don't know why! It's just that seeing you with her pisses me off! Eddie I know I did nothing but hurt you when we were young but I love you...

- No! You don't love me." I say, raising my voice.

I took a deep breath. I didn't want to have this discussion with her. All that stuff was long gone, and I didn't want it to come back. Not when I'm happy with Cassie, even though I don't think there is a Cassie and I anymore. I fucked up.

"You never loved me! You don't love me Amber! A person who loves me would let me be happy without screwing it up."

I walk up to her raising my index finger to her, I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. I know I'm hurting her by saying all this, I also know she won't forgive me anytime soon, even though I'm the one who should forgive her instead. But I also know that this is only a passing phase and that everything will work out. At least I hope so.

"You love being loved." I say.

I see a tear roll down her cheek. She inks her gaze into mine reading the disgust and anger in my eyes.

"No, it's not true.

- It's the truth Amber."

I take off my jacket and put it on the couch before turning to Amber who immediately speaks up.

"I don't give a shit if you love her or if you were with her... I don't care! You might love her now, but you loved me first."

I look at her for a few moments. How can anyone be so selfish? The Amber I knew as a kid had just disappeared. I didn't recognize her anymore. I sigh before turning my back on him and walking away.

———

Cassie's POV

I was in my room, I had just locked my door. I walked over to my bed and put my purse on it. I don't really know how to feel, angry? Sad? Disappointed? Probably everything. I think back to what I saw earlier. I remember the first time I saw Amber. It was just a week ago. At first glance she didn't look like a dirty little snake. What a bitch. I shouldn't have trusted her. I shouldn't have trusted them, both of them.

I wonder what Eddie will do now. We're not together anymore, I told him earlier. Will he go out with Amber? Will he do nothing? I think he'll go out with Amber. If my first love, which is Billy, kissed me and told me he loved me, maybe I would have thought about it. But I would never choose my first love over my boyfriend. If I were asked to choose between Billy and Eddie tomorrow, I think I would choose Eddie. Although that's not likely to happen since Billy is dead.

I sigh, shaking my head before standing up and walking over to my record player wanting to listen to some music to take my mind off things. But as I was about to change the vinyl, I saw the ACDC 'Back In Black' album on my record player. I sighed loudly before taking it in my hands and putting it back in its sleeve, I put it in a box and started to look for another vinyl. I immediately find the Paul Anka vinyl. I take it in my hands and observe it.

That's twice in a row that I find something that reminds me of Eddie. Fuck that shit. Will it be that hard to forget him? I think back to the tape I lent him. I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Why does it hurt so much? I'm not supposed to be in this much pain. We weren't together very long. So why do I feel like my heart is going to give out every time I think about him? I feel several more tears rolling down my cheek. Fuck.

I immediately pick up the ACDC vinyl with the Paul Anka one and head to my trash can before throwing it in. I walk over to my bedside table, open the drawer and take the Paul Anka tape and put it in the trash with its vinyl version. Fuck you Munson. Fuck you. I finally collapse to the floor next to my desk, put one of my hands on the desk, scratching the wood. I bow my head and let the tears fall.

Why? What have I done? Do I really deserve this? Why are all the people I love letting me down? I just want to be happy. Is that too much to ask?