82.

We had just dropped Erica, Max and Lucas in front of Victor Creel's house. The sun was setting, illuminating our faces with an orange light. The atmosphere was heavy, we were all afraid, we dreaded the worst. We arrived at Forest Hill, Steve parked the caravan behind some trees. We all gather in the middle of the vehicle.

"Okay, I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one. Nancy turns to us.

- We meet Erica at the play ground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready. Answers Robin.

- Phase two.

- Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her which will put him in his trance. Answers Steve.

- Phase three ?

- Me, Eddie and Cassie draw the bats away." Answers Dustin.

Eddie smiles before grabbing Dustin by the shoulder. I smile softly as I watch them.

"Four.

- We head into Vecna's hopefully newly bat-free lair, and... Flambé. Robin says while shaking a bottle full of liquid.

- Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan no matter what. Got it?" Asks Nancy.

We all nod, I put my weapon and blade away and grab a shield that Eddie and Dustin had made. Then we leave the trailer and head for Eddie's mobile home, we enter, turn on the light and walk to the rope. Steve goes first to place the mattress on top. He looks at us proudly.

"Woah. What does he want us to do, applaud? Robin says looking at me and Nancy.

- What a show-off." I say.

Nancy stifles a laugh, I see Steve put the mattress down and then waves us to start going, we then start going through the gate while also passing the weapons. I climb the rope and fall onto the mattress before smiling.

"Wow, that was kinda fun." I say.

I get up, Dustin is the last one to go, he falls on the mattress, gets up a bit disoriented before Eddie and Steve grab him by the sweater to get him back on his feet. Nancy, Steve and Robin get ready to leave, Steve turns to me.

"Be careful. Watch out for the other two scoundrels.

- Don't worry." I say with a smile.

Steve nods and then walks over to Eddie and Dustin.

"Hey guys listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay ? Draw the attention of the bats, keep them busy for a minute or two, we'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute, or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just-

- Decoys. Dustin cuts him off, don't worry. You can be the hero Steve.

- Absolutely, I mean... Look at us, we are not heroes." Eddie smiles.

Steve nods and smiles, I stop him one last time by grabbing his arm.

"Hey Steve... Please be careful.

- I will, don't worry Cass." He says smiling.

I smile back at him as I gently stroke his arm, Eddie speaks up behind my back.

"Steve!"

The dark-haired man's eyes fall on him, Eddie takes a more serious look.

"Make him pay." Eddie continues.

Steve nods and leaves for good with Nancy and Robin. We then begin to prepare everything to attract the attention of the bats. We go up on the roof of the mobile home and start plugging in the wires. There are three speakers on the roof, plugged together and Eddie's electric guitar was plugged into them.