55.

I was in Steve's car with Robin in the backseat, I had my cheerleading uniform with my
pompoms in my bag, Steve was talking about Linda and Heidi, two girls he was dating. I have to admit that I wasn't really listening to him. These love stories were too complicated to understand. I think even Robin is starting to get confused. They start talking about Vickie, a girl who is in the band with Robin. The one we met in the movie the last time I think.

Robin loves her. She's told me about her a few times. Vickie was a redhead with short hair. She was cute.

"Ew gross stop saying boobies.

- I like boobies." Ends Steve.

I stifle a laugh before speaking up to piss Robin off.

"Boobies.

- Shut up Cassie." Said Robin hitting her forehead wanting most certainly to disappear.

I laugh, we finally arrive in front of the school. I get out of the car with Robin, I leave in the direction of the locker rooms while Robin leaves in the direction of the other members of the band. We wish each other good luck. I arrive in the locker room and see Chrissy talking with another girl of the cheerleader.

"Hi Chrissy.

- Oh hi Cass! Are you ready to go?

- Ready." I say with a smile.

I was a little bit stressed. It was my first time performing in front of people. I wasn't on the cheerleading squad in previous years. I changed my clothes and after a few minutes, we all came out of the locker room and walked into the gym. There were a lot of people there, almost the entire school. The band was on one side of the bleachers, the sound of the instruments echoed in the room.

I see Robin with a kind of trumpet, I couldn't really tell what it was. She smiles and waves at me, I see Steve a few steps behind her. He gives me a thumbs up to encourage me. I smile at them before we start to set up. We had started our tricks and everything was going well so far. Part of me had hoped to see him somewhere in the stands. But nothing. Absolutely nothing. Eddie wasn't there.

But that's okay, I guess. I don't even know why I have any hope of seeing him here, we broke up, I dumped him and that was that. We don't have anything to do together anymore and therefore he has no reason to come and see me. I sigh before doing the final pose. The crowd applauds us. I then smile before glancing at Chrissy, she looks back at me before smiling and winking at me.

The players arrive then under the cheers of the public. I see Lucas with the haircut he showed me a few weeks ago in the cafeteria, his symmetrical cut. I'm proud to see that he made the basketball team but I'm also afraid that he's starting to detach himself from Mike, Dustin and Will. We go and kneel in front of the bleachers in front of the players, I kneel next to Chrissy and Alice a girl who is part of the team.

Jason who is the captain of the basketball team takes the microphone and starts to speak making his voice full of determination echo throughout the gym.

"Good morning Hawkins High!"

The crowd begins to cheer before he asks the audience to cheer for themselves because it is because of their support that they are where they are today. The audience then complies.

"And of course I have to give a special shout-out to the best and prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad! Fit Jason.

The audience starts to clap, I put my pompoms on the floor before clapping as well.

"Chrissy..." begins Jason.

I slowly turn my face towards my friend with a smile before elbowing her. She turns to me with a smile, I see her blush before turning to her boyfriend.

"Chrissy, I love you babe." he says.

Chrissy smiles a little more before giving him a flying kiss. Jason immediately takes a more serious look before continuing in his speech. Saying that it's been a tough year for Hawkins, that we've had a lot of loss. I look down slowly, resting my hand on my pompoms.

"Think of Jack, think of Melissa, think of Heather, think of Billy," Jason continues.

I immediately notice that almost everyone is looking at me and Max. I feel Chrissy put her hand on mine. I didn't think so many people knew about my situation with Billy, that he and I were like brother and sister. But one thing bothered me about Jason's speech. He was using the death of people, people who were our friends, as motivation to win a basketball game.

He was using Billy's death. I know Jason is doing this with good intent, but it's awkward on his part. Jason finally announces that the basketball final will be tonight. People then start clapping, I do too before standing up. I look up one last time hoping to see Eddie, but nothing.