49.

Eddie's POV

We were going to see Top Gun with Amber. I had already gone to see it with Gareth, Donny and Bako but Amber hasn't seen it yet. So here I am buying two tickets for Top Gun. The movie starts in an hour, but I guess we'll wait in the theater. The man gives us our tickets, I thank him and we leave for the theater.

I keep telling myself that I should be eating Thai food with Cassie, but instead I'm with Amber. I should have refused to bring her here and told her that I had a date with Cassie. Besides, it was our first real date as two people who love each other. The ones before that at my house were dates as friends. And I blew it. I felt like a complete idiot.

We sit as close to the screen as possible. I couldn't stop wondering what Cassie could be doing right now.

"Eddie? You seem to be somewhere else. Are you okay?" I hear Amber talking to me.

I flinch taken aback before turning my gaze to Amber. I ink my eyes in hers diving into her ocean blue eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine..."

But Amber knew something was wrong. She always knows when something is wrong. That's Amber. She looks at me sadly before speaking up.

"It's your girlfriend right? Are you thinking about her?"

I remain silent. Then nods my head up and down. Amber smiles sadly at me before speaking up.

"I see what kind of girl she is. She must be popular... She must have quite a few boys at her feet. I'll be honest with you Eddie, I think she's using you."

I immediately frown. Wondering how Amber could say such nonsense. Cassie could never do that, her soul is too pure to do that. She would never do what I am doing; abandoning my girlfriend to go to the movies with a friend.

"No, Cassie loves me, and I love her too.

- Eddie please open your eyes... Why would she give importance to someone like you? Someone like us when she could have a well-muscled basketball player with blonde hair and blue eyes.

- Forget it." I said, hiding my annoyance.

I don't like how Amber talks about Cassie. She's trying to make Cass out to be the bad guy in the story when I'm the one who's screwing it up. I feel so stupid. If I could, I would get out of this theater and go to Cassie's house and apologize. But I can't leave Amber in a town she doesn't know.

We waited an hour before the movie started.

———

Cassie's POV

We had just entered the room where the film was to be shown. We easily found seats at the back of the theater. We sit down. Honestly I wanted to come here with Steve and Robin to think about something other than the fact that Eddie ditched me to spend the evening with Amber, but I couldn't stop thinking about it. I look around at the people in the room before I suddenly see Eddie and Amber sitting up front. Oh shit.

"Robin this is some serious shit! I said, pointing at Eddie and his friend.

- Oh shit... Okay, umm... Act normal, pretend you didn't see them.

- But what if they see me?!

- They won't see you." Answer Robin.

The lights go out, I fall back against my seat trying to make myself invisible before the movie starts. Tom Cruise was as handsome as ever, by the way. I sigh as I watch the movie for almost two hours, as if I hadn't already seen it. I was seeing Steve crazy for actress Kelly McGillis who plays Charlie. Robin too, for that matter. I sigh.

And it was the longest minutes of my life, my eyes didn't wander from Eddie and Amber, they talked a few times, laughed. But I didn't see anything alarming. The lights came back on, lighting up the faces of everyone in the audience.

"Kelly McGillis is too beautiful.

- I hope she's a lesbian. Robin replies to Steve.

- You say that like you have a chance." I say.

Robin shrugs, I then lay my eyes on Eddie and Amber. And immediately, my heart misses several beats. They were kissing. Amber had her hands on Eddie's neck, and my boyfriend was doing nothing to stop it. My eyes widen.

"Oh shit." I hear Steve.

I felt betrayed. Betrayed by Eddie. He had promised me nothing would happen between them. He betrayed me and cheated on me. I hate him, I don't want to hear from him anymore. When I saw what had just happened, several emotions went through my mind, first, sadness and disappointment, then anger and hatred. I trusted him and he did it to me in reverse. I should never have let him think that living with his first love was not a problem. I grab my purse and get up.

"Let's go please." I say.

Robin looks at me sadly. My two friends get up without flinching and we leave the room. I feel Robin's arm slide over my back as she gently strokes it, I kept my head down trying to take in everything I had just seen.