72.

Eddie was on a rock playing with his rings while I was playing with a squirrel. He had a hazelnut in his hands and I was trying to take it from him even though he wasn't into it. Suddenly I hear noises coming from behind me, making the squirrel run away, so I sigh before turning around and seeing Steve, Dustin, Lucas, Max, Robin and Nancy. A smile forms on my lips. What a relief.

I hear Steve and Dustin bickering, as usual. These two love to hate each other. Or maybe they hate loving each other. I have no idea. Eddie jumps off the rock as he speaks up.

"I concur. You, Dustin Henderson, are a total butthead." He says.

He bulges his chest to look a little more imposing before Dustin jumps into his arms. I then come out of my hiding place, meeting Steve and Robin's eyes, who open wide and smile.

"Hi. I say simply.

- My God Cass." Says Steve.

He walks over to me and takes me in his arms, I gently put my arms around him before ending our embrace and turning to Robin who in turn takes me in her arms.

"We were so afraid..." She says.

I break away before I feel Steve's gaze analyzing me. He frowns stopping at my waist.

"How did you do that to yourself?

- Long story. I'll explain later." I say.

I turn to Eddie and Dustin who were hugging, I can't help but smile as I realize how much these two mean to each other.

"Jesus we thought you were a goner. Says Dustin.

- Yeah me too man... Me too." Eddie answers.

———

We were in the middle of the forest near Skull Rock. And Dustin had just told us a theory about a compass that they used to find their way here. From what I already know, compasses tend to show where electromagnetic portals are, something like that. I've honestly never been good at science, but basically this compass leads to portals that lead to the world in reverse.

"This little steel capsule might be the key to saving both Max and Eddie. What say you, Eddie the Banished ?" Asks Dustin.

All eyes turn to Eddie. And I have to admit, if I were him, I'd go for it. Dustin's theory would hold up, and the only way to kill Vecna is to find the upside down. And we need that compass to do it.

"I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea. But uh... The Shire... The Shire is burning." Eddie answers.

I have no idea what he's talking about. I feel like I'm decoding a secret message like I did with Robin, Steve and Dustin last year. The Russian bad guys. Dustin suddenly starts jumping around like a little kid. Eddie then stands up.

"So Mordor it is."

I then understand that the choice was made. Everyone then starts to leave, I walk between Steve and Robin waiting for me to explain what has been going on all this time.

"What is Mordor ? Asks Steve.

- I have no idea..." I answer.

I turn to Robin, thinking she might have an idea, but she looks as confused as the two of us. I then shrug my shoulders.

"So you plan to explain how Eddie's bandana got on your waist and why you have blood on your pants and also why it looks like a vampire literally bit your neck." Robin asks.

I then sigh wondering where to start, from the beginning obviously. Without telling them about the fact that I slept with Eddie.

"I was off to meet Eddie, we talked for a few hours and suddenly Jason, Liam, Andy and Patrick showed up. We hid for a couple of hours before I decided to get rid of them. And Liam literally cut my waist and choked me! I said offended.

- Oh, I thought you were not a virgin anymore and Eddie literally ate your neck." Says Steve.

I turn to him with a frown, figuring he wasn't exactly wrong about some things. I finally sigh, we continue walking.

———

It was dark, we were in the forest with our flashlights following Dustin who guided us with the compass, this one had started to accelerate the pace going faster and faster.

"Dustin? Can you slow down ?" Asks Eddie.

The young man is immediately stopped by Eddie in front of a lake. The road ends there I guess.

"Watch your step big guy. Says Eddie.

- Oh man..."

Robin then points out that we were at Lover's Lake. Max immediately asks if there is a gate at Lover's Lake.

"Apparently yeah... Although it's weird. I mean every time the Demogorgon attacked it left an opening, maybe it's the same for Vecna? I said.

- Yeah, only one way to find out." Suggests Steve.

We immediately find a boat before removing the tarpaulin which covered it, we put it in the water, the largest then start to go up even if I doubt that Dustin, Max and Lucas will find place here. I put a foot in the boat before Eddie extends his hand to help me.

"Jones...

- Thanks." I say with a smile.

I then climb in before sitting down. As Dustin was about to get in, Eddie immediately stops him.

"Hey. You trying to sink us ? This thing holds four people tops, okay?

- It's better this way. You guys stay here with Max." Says Nancy.

She turns to Max before speaking with a sigh.

"Keep an eye out for trouble.

- You keep an eye out! It's my goddamn theory." Dustin exclaims.

I then lower my eyes finding it unfair too but I guess that's how it is and there is nothing we can do about it.

"You heard Nance!

- Who put her in charge ? Asks Dustin.

- I did." Answers Robin.

Nancy then asks Dustin for the compass before Dustin rolls his eyes and blows his pocket, giving the compass to Nancy. Steve then throws a bag to Dustin before Dustin climbs in, making me frown as there were now 5 of us instead of 4.

"You said four!" Dustin exclaims.

Steve whispers that he is sorry, we then leave. I turn to Dustin looking at him with an apologetic look on my face, waving at him. Dustin shrugs and waves back. I then turn to Steve and tap him on the shoulder.

"Ouch! he says.

- You really are an asshole." I say.