74.

We were under a big rock. I think we managed to escape the bats. Steve got hurt, he had some kind of a scar with a hole in it, I don't really know how to describe that disgusting thing. Nancy bandaged him up to stop the bleeding. We then tried to figure out how to get out of here, and we needed weapons to defend ourselves. We decided that my gun wouldn't do the job of protecting five people, so we went to Nancy's house to get some.

"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?" Asks Eddie confused and surprised.

I have to admit that I'm surprised too, I think that of all the people here, Nancy is the last one to have guns, but apparently not after she used them last year and the ones before that I guess.

"Full of surprises, isn't she? A Russian Makarov. Says Robin.

- And a revolver. Continues Nancy.

- Yeah, you almost shot me with that one. Says Steve.

- You almost deserved it." Nancy smiles at Steve proudly.

And they flirt again. There is silence as the two lovebirds stare at each other. I frown before Eddie throws a jacket at Steve who was shirtless.

"For your modesty, dude."

Suddenly, a large earthquake is felt, I feel the ground shake beneath my feet causing me to lose my balance. A thud is heard before I feel arms wrap around my waist and bring me to the ground. I turn around and recognize Eddie. Robin immediately starts to fall, she crawls towards us to stay in group. The earthquake gradually stops.

"Holy shit what the fuck was that?!" I say.

I immediately hear roaring coming from deep in the forest. We get up, I dust off my clothes and see that Steve was still protecting Nancy when the shaking had stopped. This one will have to go through my personal interrogation. I then turn to Robin and Eddie.

"Are you guys okay? I ask.

- Yeah, yeah..." Answers Robin.

I then turn to Eddie with a smile, I make sure he's okay and I think he's safe. I walk over to him then speak up.

"Thank you.

- That's normal. Are you okay?" He asks.

I smile softly before nodding my head positively. We immediately decide that going to Nancy's house to get the weapons was the best idea we had. We then start to leave. Steve turns on the flashlight and walks ahead of us.

———

We were in the middle of the forest on our way to Nancy's house, it was pretty cold. Nancy and Robin were walking together up ahead while Eddie and Steve were both walking right in front of me, a few feet away. I couldn't really hear what they were saying to each other but I decided to stop it. I walk over to them with a quick step before putting myself between the two friends.

"Hii. I say smiling.

- Hi ?" Says Steve.

I turn to my friend before speaking.

"Can I ask you something Steve?

- Yeah..."

He looks desperate and tired. And I know he'll be annoyed when I ask him that question.

"Do you still like Nance?" I ask.

Steve sets his eyes on me with a frown. He then lifts his gaze to Eddie before resting it on me.

"And why would I tell you about my love life when Eddie is here?" He says.

I sigh before wrapping my arms around Eddie's and putting my other hand on his shoulder. I then turn to Steve.

"Because Eddie is my boyfriend and I know he will take that secret to his grave." I say.

Steve suddenly stops and turns to point at us, eyebrows raised and eyes wide.

"Are you two back together?" He asks.

I rest my eyes on Eddie, all smiles waiting for him to answer Steve. As far as I'm concerned we were back together, I hadn't given him my virginity for nothing. Eddie starts to stammer and I have a feeling it's because he thought I was still mad at him and didn't expect me to consider us back together.

"Um, yeah. We got back together.

- Oh, cool." Steve replies.

He's about to leave again but I stop him by grabbing his arm, pulling him back slightly.

"You're avoiding the question here. Do you love Nancy, yes or no? I say.

- Keep your voice down Cass!" Steve asks me looking desperate.

I sigh loudly before crossing my arms against my chest while rolling my eyes. I hear Eddie sigh before walking past me, he puts his hand on Steve's shoulder, he then speaks up.

"Whatever happened between you and Nancy, she didn't waste a second, not one second. She just dove right in. Now I don't know what's going on between you two, but if I were you, I would get her back. Cause that, was as unambiguous a sign of true love, as these cynical eyes have ever seen.

- Awww you're so cute Ed." I say.

Steve starts to look at Nancy wistfully. Like he misses her. And honestly, deep down, I don't need him to tell me from his mouth that he misses Nance and still loves her. Because I can read it in his eyes. And the only proof of love is the silence of a look. And I know this because he looks up to Nancy the way I look at Eddie. It's a pure love.

"Did you just call me Ed?" Asks Eddie turning to me.

He plunges his eyes into mine, I frown and then speak up.

"You don't like it ?" I ask.

Eddie smiles softly, resting his eyes on my lips for a few seconds then raises them to my eyes.

"No, I love it." He says.

I hear Steve sigh in annoyance and jealousy before walking away. I don't pay any attention to it understanding that maybe he felt like he was third wheeling. Eddie gently grabs my chin, making me lift my face to his before he places a delicate kiss on my lips. I smile against his before ending our kiss.

We are about to start walking again before another earthquake is felt, I sigh loudly before approaching a tree and clinging to it so as not to fall. Suddenly I see Nancy running off into the distance. I frown.

"Nancy?

- Nancy!" We call to her.

We then start trying to follow her trying not to fall before we get to the exit of the forest. I suddenly see a familiar little house in the distance. We had arrived. The setting was chilling, it was dark and there was thunder, the lightning was red.

"Come on." She says starting to walk towards the house.

We then follow her without flinching, walking towards the house.