84.

After Eddie's death a few days ago, I decided to leave, to leave everything behind. I slept at Steve's house for the last few days, not wanting to go back home, even though my father was no longer of this world. Hawkins has fallen, I don't recognize the city I grew up in anymore, Vecna managed to open his big gate after almost killing Max, who is in terrible condition. The city center is in ruins, there are cracks everywhere on the ground, everything has collapsed, the most fearful inhabitants have left, deserting Hawkins.

Maxine was lying on the hospital bed, still unconscious, everyone was around her, Lucas had been watching over her for the last few days. The doctors say she is now blind and will probably lose the use of her legs, if she wakes up. And I think if I were Max, if I were waking up, I would ask to be killed rather than let me live in such conditions. She's too young. We were all too young. Too young to die. Eddie died for a town that hated him.

I turn to Lucas, meeting his eyes. He looked sad.

"So you're really leaving? He asks.

- Yes, unfortunately.

- Max would have liked you to be here when she wake up." He says.

I smile sadly at him before placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Tell her I'll never forget her and I'll be back." I say.

Lucas smiles at me before standing up and taking me in his arms, I gently stroke his back before speaking.

"Take care of yourself and Erica."

Lucas nods, I pull away from him and turn to Erica, smiling at her. She gives me a simple wave.

"We should go." Dustin piped up.

I nod, Nancy decides to stay with Max, Lucas and Erica, so I say a final goodbye before walking out of the hospital room with Dustin, Steve and Robin. We go down the stairs and leave the hospital arriving on the parking lot.

"Hey, Cass!" Steve calls me.

I turn to him before I see him throwing car keys at me, I grab them and see that they are his keys.

"Steve, what is...

- Take it. You'll need it more than I will if you plan on leaving here." He says.

I smile softly at my friend before taking him in my arms. I rest my head on his chest. He runs his hand through my hair.

"Thanks for everything. You're the bestfriend I've ever had.

- I'm the only bestfriend you've ever had, Cassie."

I frown, separating myself from him, meeting his gaze.

- That's not true! Robin's my best friend too." I said.

I turn to Robin who starts to laugh. I smile at my friend before walking over to her and giving her a hug.

"I'll miss you, a lot. She says.

- I'll miss you too." I say.

I caress her back before separating from her and looking into her eyes.

"And I'm proud of the person you are.

- Thank you, Cass." She says.

I hear Dustin sobbing behind Robin, so I watch as he wipes away his tears. I walk over to him and look at him.

"Hey nerdy, don't cry.

- I don't want you to go..." He says.

I give him a quick hug before speaking up.

"I'll come back very soon, I promise." I say.

I feel Dustin nod his head. I then step back and reach into my jacket pocket and pull out Eddie's plectrum hanging from his chain. I hand it to Dustin.

"If you see Wayne, Eddie's uncle, will you be able to give him this?" I say.

Dustin takes it in his hands and then looks at it, I would have liked to give it to Mr. Munson myself, but this town reminds me so much of Eddie that I can't stay here anymore.

"I will.

- Thanks Dustin." I say with a smile.

I then step back, facing them all. It was hard, but I knew it wasn't a final goodbye and that I would see them again soon, I would do my best. I plunge my hands in my jacket and speak.

"If you see Mike, Will, Eleven and Jonathan again, tell them I'll miss them.

- I'm sure they'll miss you too." Says Steve.

I then smiled softly before lowering my eyes. Part of me wanted to stay, but another part was telling me to get out of this probably cursed city, to rebuild something new.

"Well, I guess it's time for me to go." I said.

I then smile at them before turning my back on them and getting into Steve's car. I then start the car before I see the tall dark-haired man walking towards me, he leans against the window.

"Try to bring it back to me in one piece.

- I'll try." I say with a smile.

I pull an audio cassette out of my pocket, the one of Paul Anka that I had been able to save, then put it in the glove compartment.

"Are you going straight away? he asks.

- No, I'm making a few quick stops before I go straight out of here." I say.

Steve nods, I look up at him, meeting his eyes. We remain silent for a few moments before Steve speaks up.

"I love you, Cassie." He says.

I know that from an outside perspective, it might look like Steve was telling me that he was in love with me, but we both knew it was a brotherly love. I smile softly.

"I love you too Steve."

Steve smiles at me one last time before pulling back, I then begin to drive, exiting the parking lot watching my friends wave at me. I then start driving towards my house, seeing if it was hit by the earthquake. And part of me hoped it was, because that would mean that my father's death would be by accidental cause and not a murder that I committed myself.

I arrived at my street and saw several red cracks in the ground, I saw my house in the distance, a tree had collapsed and completely destroyed the roof while a huge void had cracked my house in two. I felt a twinge of sadness as I realized that all my memories in this house were gone, whether they were good or bad. I sighed and thought to myself that Billy's bike and helmet were probably lost forever.

And maybe this is a way to leave Billy behind too. I can't hold back a few tears before quickly wiping them away and riding back to Forest Hill. After about fifteen minutes, I arrive in front of the big esplanade, park the car and get out of it.

I start to walk between the mobile homes before entering the forest just behind going to the place near the lake where Eddie had brought me once. I remember it was the middle of the night, we were alone and the moon was shining brightly. He told me that I was the first person he had brought here.

I arrived at the lake between the trees, crossed my arms against my chest and looked down at my pants where my gun and Eddie's bandanna were hanging. He should be here, with me, looking at this lake.

But he's not. I look up at the view, watching the calming landscape, listening to the birds sing and the wind caress the leaves of the trees. I suddenly hear a voice behind me.

"Hey Black Widow."

I turn around in surprise before suddenly seeing this person that I could recognize between miles.

"Eddie?"

author's note
HHAHAHHA U THOUGHT I WAS GONNA KILL EDDIE WHEN HALF OF YOU GUYS WERE BEGGING ME NOT TO KILL HIM

of course i wasnt going to kill him, it's obvious, ive been planning this end since the beggining of this story!

i wanted so much to answer to your comments asking me if i was going to kill eddie but i didn't, wanting to let the suspense:)

xoxo