61.

We had gotten up early this morning to get supplies, leaving Eddie alone in the cabin. We all slept at Steve's place and we just got up. It's now 7am. We start to get ready before leaving, we get into Steve's car, it starts. I can't stop thinking about what Eddie revealed to us last night, about what happened with Chrissy.

Eddie must have been selling his drugs in his mobile home, and I immediately understood why Chrissy seemed a little strange to me, somewhere else. There were times when she would sneak off to the bathroom for long minutes. She would come back from there completely scared, confused. And Eddie told us that when he came back to see her with drugs in his mobile home, he saw her having a seizure, she was shaking. Then she started to hover before her limbs snapped in all directions, her jaw dropped and her eyes popped into her skull.

Then Eddie ran away, too scared. And I must admit that I would have done the same thing. Eddie described the scene as if Chrissy had been possessed by a demon.

"We need to come up with a plan to prove Eddie's innocence. Dustin suggests.

- How? Who's going to believe it was an evil force that killed Chrissy?" Said Maxine.

And I agreed with her. No one will ever believe us. We're on our own.

"We could... Find this thing and kill it? Robin said.

- Okay, and how do we prove Eddie's innocence?" Said Steve.

Everyone turns to me, waiting for me to say something or miraculously come up with a plan. But it doesn't work like that.

"What do you think Cassie? You haven't said anything since this morning." Robin pointed out.

It's true I'd been quiet all morning. Even since last night after leaving Eddie alone in the barn. I was thinking a lot. A lot. I was really questioning my life. This thing, in this upside down world, we'll never be able to fight it, there's no end to it. It will stay, again and again. And I don't want to live like this. I want to go away, far away. To have a new start.

Besides, it's impossible for Eddie to be cleared, because he'll have to go through the justice system, he'll have to be found. We can't hide him forever. He has to get away too. And I would be willing to throw my life away for him. Because even though I'm angry with him, even though he betrayed me, I love him. And my love is growing more and more. So honestly, I don't care if Amber kissed him or Eddie kissed Amber, because there will be no more Amber now.

I want to leave everything behind. And if it takes Eddie running away, then I'll go with him. I want to share my life with him. I want to leave everything behind. But there's one person I don't want to leave behind without making him pay. My father. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'll figure it out.

"I don't know... First we have to make sure Eddie is safe." I say.

Dustin shrugs before nodding, obviously agreeing with me. After about twenty minutes, we arrive in front of the house. We get out of the car with the bags of food before walking around the house and towards the barn. We enter suddenly before seeing Eddie in the corner of the room jumping up with a glass bottle in his hands.

"Jesus..." He says as he recognizes us.

Dustin highlights the race bags before speaking up with a smile on his lips.

"Delivery service." He says.

Robin waves a hand before Eddie sighs. I then walk over to him, taking the glass bottle.

"Just relax. No one knows you're here. There's little chance of anyone finding you." I say.

Eddie watches me throw the bottle into the corner of the room, smashing it against the floor creating a thud in the barn. We set the bags down by the tarp-covered boat before Eddie starts rummaging through the bags and eating. He was like an innocent little child, sitting cross-legged on the boat. We were all around.

"Uh, so we got some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?" Dustin asks.

I see Eddie start to eat cereal as if he hadn't been fed in years.

"Bad news first. Always. He says with his mouth full.

- Alright bad news. We tapped into Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Said Dustin.

- They're also convinced you killed Chrissy. I continue.

- Like, 100% kind of convinced." Affirms Max.

Eddie looks at us wide-eyed before turning to us asking for the good news. Robin then speaks up and reveals that Eddie's name has not yet been revealed to the public.

"But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do, and once that gets out everyone and their shallow-minded mother is going to be gunning for you.

- So reassuring Robin. Thank you." I say sarcastically.

Robin then turns to me with a shrug.

"Just honest. she says.

- Hunt the freak right? Asks Eddie.

- Exactly. We said in chorus.

- Shit..." Said Eddie.

He sighs as he looks around, looking scared that we'll find him. But we'll do our best to make sure that never happens.

"So before that happens, we have to find Vecna, kill him and prove your innocence." Said Dustin.

Yes, Vecna is this kind of creature that would have killed Chrissy. I didn't understand it all, but I think it has something to do with D&D. I have no idea. Anyway, it's a monster from the parallel world that enjoys removing the eyes of its victims.

"So, that's all ? Asks Eddie.

- Yes. That's pretty much it. Said Dustin.

- Listen, Eddie. I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional but, we've actually been through this kind of things before."

Eddie frowns before looking at me, waiting for me to confirm again. He's like a little kid. I then nod positively, closing my eyes and raising my eyebrows while shrugging.

"Like, quite a few times." I continue.

Robin then explains what the first time it happened to her was like. She then reassures Eddie that everything is taken care of.

"We usually rely on this girl who has super powers. But uh... Those went bye-bye so... Said Steve.

- We're technically in more of a... Robin raises her hands around her.

- Kind of... I'm searching for my words.

- Brainstorming phase." Max suggests.

We nod before Dustin reassures Eddie that there's nothing to worry about. Steve and I then look at each other for a few seconds, before we start laughing, finding Dustin's words had a bit of a lie to them. I feel Eddie's gaze on us, raising his eyebrows a little less reassured to see that we were laughing. We then stop before clearing our throats.

"No, nothing to worry about." I say.

Steve looks at Eddie before nodding, giving a thumbs up. We suddenly hear police sirens blaring.

"Shit!

- Tarp!" Said Robin pointing the tarp.

Eddie immediately gets underneath, and we move toward the windows before we see several police cars driving down the road ahead. I frown, wondering what's going on before I finally understand.

"Vecna's been playing again. I say.

- It looks like it. Yes..." Dustin replies.

We look at each other, understanding that we should follow the cars in order to get there. Steve and the others start to get out, so I walk over to Eddie, slowly lifting the tarp.

"There's something going on down the road. We'll be back soon, stay hidden.

- Okay." Eddie nods.

I turn my back on him getting ready to leave before suddenly feeling a grip on my wrist. I turn around and see Eddie holding my wrist. I look at him confused.

"Cassie... Uhm, thanks."

I look at him for a few moments, feeling a few butterflies in my lower stomach. Even his voice has an effect on me. I smile hesitantly at him before Eddie hides for good. I walk out of the barn, joining the others in the car.