85.

My vision was blurring, tears were coming to my eyes. At first I thought I was dreaming and then I realized that i was not, it was real. Eddie is alive and he survived. Hundreds of questions run through my mind, but they don't matter to the proceedings. Eddie gently opens his arms to me, I move towards him before putting my arms around his neck, his arms come to wrap around my waist, sticking me against him.

I start to cry with joy, finally feeling his touch. Three days ago I thought he was dead, and now he is finally alive.

"How?" I say against his hair.

I pull away from him and sink my eyes into his, seeing life in his eyes again.

"How did you make it?" I say again.

But Eddie cuts me off by suddenly putting his lips on mine, his hands sliding down my cheeks. I'd missed that feeling. He ends our kiss, and I see a few tears on his cheeks.

"I thought I had lost you...

- I thought I had lost you too!" I say with a smile.

I place my hand on his that was on my cheek. Eddie then presses his forehead against mine. I was so relieved, I don't know what miracle Eddie had survived, plus he didn't look that banged up.

"How is that possible? You died in front of my eyes Eddie...

- I don't know either. I remember the bats, Dustin, you, and then nothing. I remember I was dead, and then I suddenly woke up, like I'd just passed out. I came back here and looked for you for two days." He said.

I can't hold back my tears, I was so happy, I still hold him in my arms, wanting to feel him against me, never wanting to let go or let him go.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

I end our embrace and slowly back away, trying to keep my feet on the ground and shake off the euphoria.

"Eddie, the city thinks you're dead, and if they find out you're alive, they're going to get you... You can't stay here, we can't!

- Let's go then." He said seriously.

I widened my eyes and raised my eyebrows, not thinking he would follow me. I had planned to run away with him if we made it out alive, and now we pretty much did. But I never thought he would follow me.

"Take me wherever you want, anywhere. I don't care I just want to be with you Cassie." He said as he put his hand on my cheek.

I smiled softly, his words had a great effect on me, and I felt chills run through my body.

"I couldn't take you to that Thai restaurant downtown, first because I'm presumed dead and second because it must have been ransacked with those earthquakes, but I'd take you to another one, I'd take you to every Thai restaurant in the world if I had to." Says he.

I start to laugh, amused wondering what kind of statement that was. Eddie starts laughing too.

"Take me to any restaurant Edward." I say with a smile.

Eddie smiles before gently placing his lips on mine for the second time. I imagine what life would be like with him, a life of wanderlust. Changing cities every day, changing states and maybe even countries. He steps back slightly before looking down at my gun and the bandana hanging from my low-rise jeans. He smiles softly.

"Is this mine?" He says.

I look down and smile before unhooking the bandana and handing it to him.

"Yes, but now that you're here, take it back."

Eddie frowns charmingly before taking the bandana, he then quickly slips it around my waist, pulling me closer to him, my body sticking to his, I dip my gaze into his, smiling. Eddie lowers the eyes towards my size, redrawing my curves of his glance.

"Thanks, but no. I like it better on you." He says.

He hangs it up on my pants and kisses me. He turns to the small path that led out of the forest.

"Let's go." He says.

I then take him by the hand and we leave the forest, arriving at the mobile homes, the car was parked just in front, we get in it, Eddie is driving.

"Steve left you his car? he asks surprised.

- Yeah, I was surprised too." I say with a laugh.

Eddie starts laughing back before starting up and beginning to drive. He slides his hand up my thigh and gently strokes it, getting a few butterflies in my stomach. I lean slightly towards the glove compartment before opening it and taking out the Paul Anka audio cassette, I put it in the car's player and press the play button.

The music starts then, Eddie turns to me by smiling, he stops at the red light before speaking, plunging his glance in mine.

"I love you Cassie.

- I love you too, Eddie."

author's note
THIS IS UNFORTUNATELY THE END!

i hope you liked this story because i LOVED writing it and reading all of you feedbacks:)

im thinking of making a bonus for this story, do you guys think i should do it ?

Thank you again for all the support on this story, i never thought i'd be able to earn 100k readers in only two months, i never had so much hype in such a small timing!

i am also inviting you to go discover my other stories, i am currently writing an anakin fanfiction so if ure interested, check it out:)

thank you for everything<3

xoxo