11

I was in the bus, the students were getting on little by little. Steve couldn't drop me off at home because he had to go to work, so I took the bus.

I was sitting on the window seat, reading my book peacefully, when suddenly a voice interrupted me in my reading.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?"

I immediately look up before I see Eddie, I then close my book before the dark-haired guy continues.

"There are no more seats."

I smile softly at him before answering.

"Yeah, sure."

I grab my bag that was sitting on the seat, putting it in front of me. Eddie then came and sat next to me.

"Don't you usually drive to school? I ask.

- I do, but my van broke down, so it's in the shop."

I nod before diving back into my reading, when Eddie's voice interrupts me again.

"Is your neck any better?"

I look up at him before smiling. I join my hand to my neck before slowly pulling my shirt down, revealing my neck.

"Much better. I took your advice and the bruises are going away. Thank you." I say.

The bus doors close before the driver starts up.

"Good for you then. I saw you arguing with him behind the bleachers earlier. Did he hurt you?

- Say... Are you spying on me?" I said with a laugh.

Eddie slowly starts to laugh before he starts to defend himself.

"I'm just very observant."

I smile softly before closing my book and putting it away at the bottom of my bag.

"I fought back, I'm fine." I say in order to answer his initial question.

Eddie nods, I immediately rest my elbow against the edge of the bus window, joining my hand on my chin.

"You know...finally, you're really not what I thought you were.

- Which is? He says, squinting his eyes.

- I thought you were the satanic guy who did weird rituals while playing D&D in his basement and did really, really weird things."

Eddie raises his eyebrows as he starts laughing before he speaks.

"Maybe I'm doing satanic rituals or maybe the night you slept over I took a hair from you and did voodoo with it."

I tilt my head to the side, frowning as I squint my eyes.

"I didn't touch any of your hair Cassie." He says.

I then laugh, somewhat relieved before speaking up.

"You really had me worried there for a moment."

Eddie remains silent for a few seconds, all the while keeping his eyes on me, my gaze inked in his, he continued to grin like an idiot.

"Me neither, I didn't think you'd be like that.

- Like what?"

Eddie began to think before he spoke.

"I thought you were the kind of haughty girl, who would do anything to get the attention of boys, the kind of girl who would screw up her schooling, who would go to parties every night, but in reality you're the opposite, you're kind, smart, discreet."

I smile softly, sliding the nail of my index finger between my teeth, I feel Eddie's gaze drift to my lips for a small second before he raises them directly.

"How do you know I'm smart? We haven't done a whole lot of talking either.

- I'm very observant like I said before."

I laugh softly before lowering my head, sliding my hands between my thighs before Eddie speaks.

"Liam is very lucky to have you. Since you two are back together."

I sigh softly before looking up straight ahead, I turn my head to Eddie, speaking up.

"I'm not supposed to tell you but I don't know who you could tell so in reality Liam is forcing me, if I do something that goes against what he wants, I suffer the consequences."

I gently point to my neck, referring to the bruises Liam had caused me. Eddie raises his eyebrows.

"Cassie, I'll be honest with you. You need to put an end to this.

- I'd like to, but I don't know how. I'm constantly in his grip.

- Cut him out of your life, if he calls you, hang up, if he talks to you, ignore him and if he hits you, go straight to the police."

I stifle a laugh before lowering my head, hiding my smile behind my hand and speaking up.

"The police? What will they do ?

- More things than you think."

Eddie smiles softly at me, the bus suddenly stops, this was my neighborhood, I then turn to Eddie.

"This is my stop, I'm going." I say.

Eddie nods, I get up, the dark-haired guy does the same before walking out towards the bus corridor, Eddie helps me out.

I suddenly feel his hand slide over my waist, gently moving me to the side. I then raise my eyes towards him, meeting his gaze. Eddie gives me his usual smile, an angelic smile I must admit.

"Thank you. I say

- You're welcome Miss Jones."

I stifle a laugh before I wave and leave, get off the bus and start walking home.