32

I was in the cafeteria eating with Robin and Steve. We were talking about the new movie that was released; Top Gun.

"Tom Cruise is so handsome. I said with a smile.

- I much prefer the actress who plays Charlie.

- That's normal Robin, you like girls." Steve said.

I raise my eyebrows, agreeing with Steve before Robin hits Steve with a speech.

"Yell it louder here! Idiot."

I laugh softly before continuing to eat. I immediately see a familiar face enter the cafeteria, I recognize Liam who was in a wheelchair. I smile softly before meeting his eyes.

I wink at him, he just looks away, he joins the basketball team at their usual tables, Lucas was sitting there. It's weird, he usually eats with Mike and Dustin and now he's eating with them.

"Oh man, what happened to you? Patrick asks.

- I was out walking in the woods Tuesday night and a hunter shot me by accident." Liam replies.

I stifle a laugh before going back to eating while listening to their conversations at the same time.

"Will you be able to play for the tournament? Jason asks.

- No, my doctor says I can't.

- Shit..." Said one of the players.

What a shame. Jason's voice rang out immediately.

"Sinclair will take your place."

I immediately turned my gaze to Lucas before seeing that he was surprised, eyes wide, mouth agape.

"Do you agree?" Liam asks.

He starts to stammer before he comes to his senses and finally speaks.

"Yeah, totally!

- Welcome to the team then." Said Jason.

Lucas stands up before handshaking Jason, will Lucas really manage to run the D&D club and the basketball team? I don't think so. I turn around and start eating again.

———

I had just finished class, it was 5pm and I was heading to the buses since Steve couldn't drop me off, but as I was walking, I heard a voice call out to me.

"Cassie!"

I then turned around before I saw Eddie, I really didn't want to talk to him, our situation was weird and I knew if I kept talking to him my feelings would grow even more, and I don't want to get hurt. Still, I smiled at Eddie.

"Eddie, are you okay?

- I'm fine, thanks. Do you want a ride?" He asks, pointing to his car keys.

Was he going to keep me hoping for much longer? I turn to the buses before turning to Eddie. After all it's better than taking the bus. I then speak up.

"Yeah, why not..."

Eddie smiles at me. We then leave in the direction of his car, I immediately get in, buckling up before Eddie starts the car. I stay silent the whole way, not wanting to talk to Eddie.

"Are you okay? You look angry and cold?

- Mhm... I say with a fake smile.

- Did I do something?"

I don't blame you, I can't force you to love me back, I blame myself, for getting attached to you so quickly.

"No, I'm just tired." I say.