23

We have just arrived in front of my house, Eddie parks. I turn to him.

"Thank you so much...

- You're welcome, see you Monday..." He says.

His tone was not very reassuring, he didn't seem to want to let me go, I immediately speak up.

"Don't worry about me, everything will be fine, I'll just avoid talking to him about I'll go straight to my room."

Eddie smiles gently at me, I speak up one last time.

"Good night.

- Good night Cassie."

I smile before walking out the door, I head to my door before turning to Eddie's car one last time, I wave to him then head home. My dad was asleep on the couch, I head straight to the bathroom to take a shower, brush my teeth then head to bed.

———

I was in the cafeteria eating, Robin and Steve were sitting at the same table as me. I remembered Friday night, well only a few moments. I remember drinking with Chrissy and going out.

Then I remember running into Eddie, and then nothing, and I also remember talking to him about my personal problems. And it made me uncomfortable that he knew about it. This story had been plaguing me since Saturday morning.

"You seem out of it Cassie, are you okay?

- Yeah, is this about Friday night? Steve asks.

- No, I'm fine, I'm just a little tired." I say with a smile.

I immediately see in the distance Bako, a friend of Eddie's that I had met not long ago. I immediately get up to clear my tray under the questioning looks of my friends, I head towards Bako.

"Bako?" I say.

The young man turns over before putting his glance on me. His eyes widen he stammers a few moments before speaking.

"Oh, uh hi Cassie! Is there anything I can do for you?

- Yes, I wonder if you know where Eddie is? I'd like to talk to him.

- Probably at the D&D club or in the woods behind the field.

- Thanks." I say with a smile.

I wave at him before walking out of the cafeteria and heading to the D&D club, I get to the front of the door before opening it.

It was rather small, you'd think it was a broom closet, there was a table with a game board and counters. Behind it were several shelves. The room was lit by a single small lamp, some places were dark.

I closed the door behind me before taking a few steps forward, hesitant.

"Anybody is here?"

But no answer. I then arrive in front of the table, there were also plenty of multi-sided dice. I take one of the game pieces in my hands, inspecting it.

"Why does it look like that? It's creepy..." I whisper.

I immediately put the pawn back down before walking towards the shelves and zigzagging between them.