81.

We had arrived at War Zone. We got out of the trailer, obviously leaving Eddie in there so he wouldn't get caught. Dustin and Lucas stayed with him too. There were quite a few people, it was a very large hangar. We went in. There were guns everywhere, knives, swords, grenades, fire alcohol and all sorts of other things.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks. Says Robin.

- Let's be... Fast." Nancy suggests.

We all agree, so we start to separate. I leave with Robin and Steve, Max and Erica leave together and Nancy alone. We grab a cart and start looking at the shelves. We grab some rubbing alcohol, I see Steve coming in with a jacket.

"Looks like you're leaving for military service. I say.

- Yeah, big time. It suits me well, don't you think? He asks with a smile.

- It makes you broad shoulders, keep it in order to appear more imposing in front of Vecna." I say.

Steve frowns as he looks at me confused.

"Are you implying that my shoulders aren't broad in the first place?

- What? Noo." I say.

Robin then turns to us, pointing to the big cans of methylated spirits.

"How many of these do you think we need? She asks.

- Five or six." Answers Steve.

He continues to put cans in the cart. Robin then stops, keeping his gaze on one spot. I follow his gaze and see Vickie. I raise my eyebrows and see that she is wearing a straw hat, a brown jacket and a white shirt.

"What are you going to do ? Stand and gawk ?" Asks Steve.

Robin begins to smile softly. She looked at her like she was one of the wonders of the world.

"What are you waiting for? Go talk to her! I say.

- Shut up." Answers Robin.

Robin starts to take a few steps forward before she sees a young man approach Vickie scaring her. The redhead is startled and turns to the blond man laughing. Robin stops at once, her smile fades gradually. Vickie and the blond kiss, the face of Robin decomposes. I put then my hand on her shoulder, caressing her back to comfort her. Vickie looks at us then, putting her eyes on Robin, she plunges her glance in her and pushes at once her boyfriend. The smile of Vickie then begins to fade.

The blond looks at us in his turn, at once Robin turns around and leaves. Steve and I turn around and call her back as we see her disappear between people.

"Robin!"

I sigh and turn to the shelf grabbing one last can of rubbing alcohol. I then turn to Steve and tell him I'll be right there before I leave. I walk between the shelves before coming to a small blade of some sort, I then pick it up with a smile before twirling it in my hand.

"Oh, you're coming with me." I say while putting back the protection and by arranging it on me.

I then continue walking arriving near the gun area, I immediately see Jason talking with Nancy, my eyes widen. The blond man puts his hand violently on the hunting pistol that Nancy held in her hands, I can slightly hear their conversation.

"Would you let go?" She asks.

Jason inks his gaze into hers, but he doesn't let go. Nancy then speaks again.

"Let go." She asks again.

But Jason doesn't do anything, so I decide to intervene even though it was the worst idea I could have after what happened in the house. I walk over to them and put my hand on Jason's arm.

"I think she asked you to leave her alone." I say.

Jason then looks at me, his sly smile immediately fading. He turns to me and speaks up, squinting.

"You...

- Don't fucking make me say it twice." I say.

I take my gun, load it and point it at Jason's lower belly, he backs away slowly, dropping Nancy's shotgun, who backs away as well, pulling up behind me.

"How's you lover Eddie doing ?" He asks.

I squint my eyes making a sneer appear at the corner of my lips.

"Liam was right, you're just a little bitch who's been working the streets to pay your rent since your mom croaked and your dad is just a drunk who-"

I don't let him finish his sentence and make my fist meet his face, the blond guy backs away and his back hits the counter hard, he holds his nose which was starting to bleed. Nancy jumped and took my arm preventing me from doing more than I already did. All eyes are on us, I try to struggle.

"Take my mom's name out of your fucking shitty dirty mouth you stupid ass mother fucker!" I say.

Jason then looks up at me, I put my gun away and Nancy shakes my arm.

"Let's get out of here quick Cassie." She says.

She then drags me along with her, I keep my eyes on Jason before leaving directly with the others. We leave the hangar and return to the trailer. We suddenly open the door and climb in.

"What happened?! Asks Lucas worried.

- We got to go. Steve says.

- Your old friends are here." Says Erica.

I get in my turn and put the paper bags on the bench. Steve starts immediately and begins to drive, we pass Jason, Liam, Andy and another one who replaces Patrick.

———

We had stopped in the middle of a field. Around us was a forest, everyone was preparing their weapons, I decided to go into the forest to look for a rock to sharpen my blade. I walked between the trees looking for rocks but there were not many, I heard water flowing from the east. I told myself that I might find some rocks there. I followed the sound of the water before arriving near a stream. I crouch down and see a rock, I pick it up and start to cut my blade.

I suddenly hear Steve's voice behind me, I turn around and smile at him.

"What are you doing? he asks.

- I'm sharpening this blade." I say as I bring the weapon into view.

Steve nods before walking over to me, I drop the rock to the ground.

"Nancy tells me you hit Jason and insulted him.

- He deserved it." I say as I lower my head.

Steve stifles a laugh, I look up at him with a smile. He then speaks.

"I'm glad you're letting another man into your life, even if I am a little jealous. But I'm still glad it's Eddie." He says.

I then start laughing with a frown, I then put my hand on his shoulder.

"You have no reason to be jealous. You are still my favorite human on this earth. You're like my brother Steve. And no one will ever replace that place you have in my heart." I say with a smile.

Steve plunges his eyes in mine and smiles at me, I then take him in my arms. His hand goes through my hair and caresses it gently.

"Tell Nancy you miss her. I say.

- Shut up or I'll choke you."