43.

The sun was rising, waking me up. I feel a huge pain in my cheek before I remember last night. I sigh before getting up and going straight to the shower, I put on a black tank top with black leather pants too. I change my bandage before putting on my boots which are also black and take my leather jacket. I look at my father who was still sleeping.

It was honestly a relief to see him still sleeping. I don't want to confront him. And every morning after we have a fight, I wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach, hoping not to run into him. I look around at all the damage, there were bits of glass everywhere, water, blood stains... I see my helmet on the ground. I sigh.

I walk towards the helmet before taking it in my hands, the paint was damaged. Too bad, at least it is not broken. I take it under my arm before leaving my house. I walk towards my bike, analyzing it, hoping not to find any cracks. You never know, maybe my dad got up in the night and went to ruin it. He would be able to do that. But there were no cracks, it is as I left it, I smile reassured then put on my helmet.

I get on the car and start the engine before pulling out of the driveway and heading towards Forest Hill. I'm going to go see Eddie since I didn't see him all day yesterday and I'm worried. I hope he will be there and that nothing happened to him. After about ten minutes of driving, I arrive at Forest Hill, and thank God the car was parked right in front of me.

The engine of the bike makes a thud, making Eddie get out of the mobile home leaving the door open behind him. I see a surprised look on his face. I take off my helmet with a smile and remove the keys from the bike, turning off the engine. I place the helmet on the seat before I see Eddie walk up to me.

"Hello..." he says, looking at the bike.

- Where were you yesterday?" I ask somewhat annoyed.

He ignores my words and keeps his eyes on the vehicle before resting his eyes on me.

"How did you get that motorcycle?

- Her name is Gazelle. Now answer my question."

I keep the name Billy had given her, Gazelle. Because that's what men call women in France, I still don't know if it's a positive or pejorative name by the way. But Eddie still ignores my words and notices my bandage.

"What is this? Who did this to you? Is it your dad?" He says, widening his eyes.

I feel his hand slide over my bandage wanting to get a closer look but I roll my eyes as I sigh noticing that he was avoiding my questions, and it was getting annoying. I then remove his hand turning my face before I see a figure coming up behind Eddie.

A young woman about our age had just come out of the mobile home, she had just put on the denim jacket that Eddie used to wear. Something is wrong... Who is this girl? Eddie notices my gaze lingering on her and he turns to her.

"Who is she?" I cross my arms against my chest.

The dark-haired girl smiles politely at me, and I just look at her confused. I just hope it's not what I think it is and that Eddie's uncle is a pedo who sleeps with underage girls, though it would be really selfish of me to think that.

"Uhm, Cassie this is Amber, my cousin." He says.

I widen my eyes raising my eyebrows feeling immediately guilty for thinking it was a one night stand from Eddie and therefore he would cheat on me with her. What a fool I am, the young woman walks up to me shaking my hand.

"Hello. She says with a smile.

- Oh uh... Hi I'm Cassie, Eddie's girlfriend." I say with a smile.

I slowly back away, wanting to make myself small. I feel really stupid for thinking something like that. Eddie speaks.

"Amber is coming for two weeks because she has an important internship at the Hawkins clinic." He says.

And it all makes sense, if she's not local, Eddie and his uncle must have picked her up at the airport or something, which is why I didn't see him yesterday. I turn to Eddie.

"And that's why you weren't here yesterday?

- Yes...

- You could have warned me!" I say, cutting him off.

I was still pissed that he hadn't told me anything. If he had explained everything to me maybe there wouldn't have been such a big misunderstanding.

"I just went away for one day...

- It's not that! I was worried!" I say annoyed.

I let my arms fall down my body with a sigh before seeing her cousin back in the mobile home.

"Imagine if something had happened to you?

- Whatever... Who did this to you?" He says again as he looks at my bandage.

I sigh as I cross my arms against my chest again, wanting to talk about anything but this. But I don't need to answer him, he already knows that my dad did this to me. I suddenly see Mr. Munson coming out of the mobile home. He raises his eyebrows at me before walking over to me and shaking my hand.

"Oh Cassie! How nice to see you again."

I smile at him and he sets his eyes on my bike. I see him stand speechless as he widens his eyes before he speaks up with a laugh.

"Nice bike! I used to have one of these when I was young.

- Thanks, Mr. Munson." I reply with a smile.

He lets go of my hand and I let it fall down my body before speaking again.

"I've met your daughter, she's lovely." I say.

Immediately, Wayne looks at me with a frown. He thinks for a few long moments and I see Eddie lower his head, remaining silent.

"Oh Amber! She's not my daughter... No... She's a friend of Eddie's." He says.

I frown, taking slight offense realizing that Eddie had lied to me. Mr. Munson leaves, saying he was going to make breakfast, I am left alone with Eddie.

"Uhm... For your dad you know you can stay here for a while... He says, I feel his hand grab mine.

- No, I'll go. I have to practice for cheerleading." I say.

I immediately move my hand back before turning my back on him without even looking at him. I quickly put on my helmet and get on before starting up and riding away. Me who wanted to show him my new bike. It was missed. I can't believe he lied to my face and told me that this girl was his cousin when she was just a friend.

But why didn't he tell me that? Is this girl really just a friend? Is she his ex-girlfriend? Is she his best friend? Why didn't he tell me about her before? I was mad at him, he lied right to my face. And I find myself wondering if this girl is really here for a simple internship.