22

I was at a party at Tina's, Steve had dropped me off. I begged him to come with me, but he refused. And I couldn't change my plans, I had promised Chrissy to go with her.

So I was sitting with my friend, on a sofa with a glass of whiskey in my hands, it was already my second one.

"And to think that you had originally said that you would not touch alcohol but you end up with a second glass. Chrissy laughed.

- I figure I'm young and I should just enjoy it, that's all."

Chrissy nodded before taking a sip of her drink, I personally felt the alcohol start to go to my head, once I finished my second drink I went to get a third, then a fourth.

I felt relaxed, in a strange but pleasant way. As I was about to get up to get another drink, Chrissy stopped me. I then quickly sat back down before my friend spoke up.

"Where are you going?

- To get another drink, why?

- I feel you're a little too drunk for my taste, that's enough alcohol for tonight."

She takes my drink, I shrug before suddenly feeling a surge of acid in my throat. I immediately put my hand in front of my mouth.

"What's the matter? Are you going to throw up?"
Chrissy asks.

I point my thumb in the air before quickly standing up, Chrissy immediately speaks up.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

But I wave no, I really don't want Chrissy to see me in this state. I then head to the kitchen to grab another bottle of whiskey before heading out of the house through the front door.

I get some air, trying to get over my urge to vomit, I sit down on the sidewalk. I immediately take a sip of whiskey and then start to look around. Everything seemed different, my vision was slowly blurring and I felt my body temperature gradually rising.

I immediately see a van pull up on the sidewalk in front of me, I immediately recognize Eddie Munson's vehicle, the dark-haired man gets out of the car before he sees me. He frowns somewhat confused before closing the door of his van.

I smile stupidly before the dark-haired guy walks up to me.

"Cassie Jones, what are you doing here... Drunk?

- I'm... Getting some air." I say.

Eddie sits down next to me before speaking up.

"How many drinks have you had?"

I look up to the sky before I start to think, I then raise my hand starting to count on my fingers.

"5... uh 7? No 4!"

Eddie blows out loudly before I focus a little more seeing that he was annoyed.

"I don't know anymore." I say before laughing stupidly.

I slowly hide my face realizing that it was embarrassing for me to have him see me in this state, completely drunk after only 4, 5 or 6 drinks.

"I should shut my mouth, I must be annoying.

- No you're not."

I look up at him before smiling at him, I take another sip of whiskey, but immediately Eddie snatches the bottle out of my hand.

"But I think that's enough alcohol for tonight..."

I grumble quietly before speaking up.

"And what are you doing here?