25

The morning had seemed very long. I had only one desire: revenge. Revenge on Liam. He deserved it, so I thought about it. Before I went to the cafeteria, I left a piece of paper in Liam's locker.

I was planning to meet him in front of the old Hawkins Pool at 11pm tonight to give him a little surprise. After I put the paper in my locker, I went to the cafeteria to eat.

People kept looking at me, talking behind my back because they don't have the balls to come and tell me to my face what they think of me. I was furious since this morning, so furious that I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I then went to a table to eat alone, I start to eat the food on my tray before suddenly seeing a tray sitting in front of mine.

I sighed before looking up and seeing Eddie. I widened my eyes before straightening up.

"Hi." He says to me.

Clearing my throat before running my hands over my clothes to dust them off, I reply to Eddie, a smile on my face.

"Hi...

- I saw the news paper this morning... I'm sorry. I guess everything Liam says is wrong?"

I sigh desperately before lowering my head to my tray and taking a bite of my steak.

"Mhm, it's all wrong. He paid Fred Benson a hundred dollars to publish it.

- 100 ? That's a lot of money.

- Clearly, but I'll get even."

Eddie frowns, before speaking up.

"And what are you going to do? He says a little scared.

- I'm not going to go to jail. I might get in trouble if Liam decides to open his mouth, but don't worry."

Eddie raises his eyebrows, a smile on his face before speaking up.

"On the contrary, I'm worried."

I laugh softly before continuing to eat. I look up at Eddie, and speak up.

"Aren't you going to eat with your friends?"

Eddie smiles at me before answering.

"I'm not going to leave you alone. Besides, I'd rather stay with you."

And he starts swooning over me again, I feel a weird yet unfamiliar feeling in the pit of my stomach. I sigh softly as I try to shake off the somewhat pleasant pain.

"I don't see how it's better to stay with me, all eyes are on this table, on us. And people are just talking behind my back."

Eddie puts his fingers to his lips, smiling softly, inking his gaze into mine, he immediately speaks up.

"But who cares what other people think, right?"

I smile softly before lowering my eyes and continuing to eat. There is a short silence before the brunet's voice breaks the silence.

"But, if you feel so oppressed in the presence of these people, perhaps we should leave.

- "We?" I say with surprise.

Eddie nods positively, I then speak up with a stammer.

"Should we?

- I think so."

I then smile before looking around, Eddie immediately stands up, taking his tray with him.

"Are you coming or are you deciding to stay here, under people's oppressive stares?"

I think for a few seconds before looking up at Eddie and answering, taking my tray.

"I'm coming."

Eddie smiles, I stand up, we quickly clear our trays before walking out of the cafeteria and then out of the high school, we walk away in the direction of downtown.

"I felt so bad since this morning..." I say as we walk down the sidewalk near the road.

I hear Eddie chuckle softly before speaking up.

"And you look a little better compared to earlier.

- I do?

- Totally."

Turning to Eddie before smiling, I answer the dark-haired man.

"It's because of you then."

Eddie slowly slows his pace before slowly smiling, inking his gaze into mine. I see his gaze discreetly move down to my lips.

But he pulls his gaze back up, and turns his head, starting to walk again. I follow him then.

"How did you meet the boys?" Eddie asks.

I frown confused wondering which boys Eddie was talking about.

"Which boys?

- Mike, Dustin and Lucas.

- Oh, there are actually four of them, there's Will too but he moved to California a few months ago. I first met them at an arcade downtown, Steve forced me to go with him, then I saw two boys bothering Will, Lucas, Mike and Dustin so I defended them. After that I hardly ever saw or talked to them again until the summer of 1985."

Eddie turns his head towards me, I see a confused look on his face, he then speaks up.

"How did you two talk again?

- Long story but it's partly thanks to Steve, he gets along very well with Dustin."

Eddie nods positively before he starts talking.

"And there's a redhead too, she hangs out with them a lot.

- Max? She's Billy's sister, she's a little cold at first but when you get to know her she's super nice. I used to get along with her, but I never talked to her again after Billy died."

There is a silence, so I nervously run my hand over the back of my neck before speaking up.

"Am I talking too much?

- What?" Eddie said.

He immediately turns to me, stopping, I in turn stop and turn to Eddie.

"No, you don't talk too much. On the contrary, I like to listen to you talk.

- Oh really?

- Mhm." He said with a smile.

I smile back, we start walking again talking about everything and anything.