09

I got up early this morning and went straight to the bathroom to cover my marks. I put on concealer until the marks were less visible, and I put on a red turtleneck with blue jeans. I put on white sneakers, grabbed my bag.

I leave my room before heading to the living room where I had put Eddie's clothes, I take them then, put them in my bag. I grabbed an apple with a juice box and walked out of my house.

I immediately see Steve's car in front of my driveway, Robin was inside. I smile softly before heading to the car and getting in.

"So Jones, did you sleep well? Steve asks.

- I'm fine...thanks for picking me up."

Robin immediately hands me a book, it was the tome from one of our favorite saga's that I had preferred to him.

"I finished it, you can pass me the volume 4?

- Yeah sure." I said with a smile.

I put the book back in my bag before Steve starts. After about fifteen minutes, we had arrived in front of the high school, Steve parks in the parking lot, we then get out and walk inside.

"Why are you wearing a turtleneck? It's super hot. Robin asks.

- I'm sick... I have a sore throat." I answer.

Robin shrugs, we leave for history class. I sit in my usual seat then focus on the class.

After two long hours, the bell rings, I gather my things and leave, when suddenly, an arm came to wrap my shoulders, I turn the face before seeing Liam, I sigh discreetly.

"Hi sweetie, how are you?" He asks me.

Steve who was next to me looks at me somewhat confused before speaking up.

"Are you two back together?

- N...

- Yes. Since last night. Right Cassie?"

Liam turns his face to me, smiling at me. I feel his hand squeeze my shoulder, I hesitate for a few seconds before turning to Steve and Robin.

"Yes, we're back together..." I say.

Steve looks at me confused and at the same time worried, Robin had understood that something was wrong. I just smile at him. We walk to the locker room.

I had looked for a sportswear to hide my bruises but I did not find anything, then I will find an excuse so that the professor exempts me. I pass him in front of the locker room.

"Sir? Can I ask you a question?

- Jones! Yes of course, I'm listening.

- I sprained my ankle last night at work, would it be possible to excuse me this time?

- Um... Yeah, okay. You'll stay on the benches outside."

I thank him and join Robin in the girls' locker room, my friend quickly changing before walking over to me.

"Cassie, are you sure you're okay?

- Yeah, I'm just really sick, but don't worry, I'll be fine in a few days." I smile falsely.

Robin looks at me convinced skin before leaving the locker room and going out onto the field. I sit on the bench and watch my classmates run up and down the field for a good two hours.

———

I was eating in the cafeteria with Liam, Chrissy and Jason. I really didn't feel comfortable. I wanted to get out of there. Liam was talking and living like it was nothing, I wanted to scream that Liam was forcing me back together. But I knew that if I did, the consequences would be severe.