62.

Steve starts the car and begins to drive following closely the police cars.

"Who do you think got killed this time? Robin asks.

- I hope it was Liam." I say as I look out the window.

Robin and Steve look at each other for a few moments before revealing that they too would like it to be him.

"Looks like it's near Forest Hill... again." Dustin shares.

It's true that we're not too far from Forest Hill. A vast forest separates this road and the mobile homes. We finally arrive. There are about ten cars around as well as ambulances, I see a body being transported in a van. We get out of the car before seeing Nancy being questioned by the sheriff.

I frown, wondering what she was doing there. Maybe she knows the victim? Or maybe she was at the scene and could tell us more. Nancy finally notices us. Her eyes meet Steve's. I see her features slowly relax, looking more relieved. She smiles gently at us before waving slightly.

Steve smiles sadly at her before giving her a small wave as well. Nancy quickly answers the sheriff's questions before joining us.

———

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down ? Asks Nancy.

- If the shoe fits." Said Steve.

We were now sitting around a picnic table in the middle of Forest Hill. Eddie's mobile home was still surrounded by that yellow ribbon.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse... Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just killing teens, we dont know. Dustin explains to Nancy.

- All we know is this is something different. Something new. Said Max.

- Doesn't make sense. Nancy sighs.

- It's only a theory... Dustin says.

- No... Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean... Why them ?" Asks Nancy.

Dustin suggests that they were probably in the wrong place at the wrong time, which seems rational to me but still weird.

"Were both at the game.

- And near the trailer park." Maxine points out.

Steve immediately points out that we are at the trailer park. I then look around trying to find any creature.

"I don't know about you, but I don't feel like having my bones turned and my eyes gouged out." I say.

There is silence for a few seconds, immediately making us feel less safe. I start to feel sick to my stomach, the same feeling I had when I first saw the Mind Flayer.

"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here. Nancy remarks.

- Acting weird as in? Asks Robin.

- Scared, on edge, upset." Nancy replies.

Dustin and Max then look at each other before the young man speaks up.

"Max said Chrissy was upset too.

- Yeah but not here... She was crying in the bathroom at school." Max recounts.